Challenge has finished
Submit a photograph of a building.
Thursday, 4th August, 2011 (GMT)
Thursday, 11th August, 2011 –
Wednesday, 17th August, 2011
Thursday, 18th August, 2011 –
Wednesday, 24th August, 2011
- Minimal post-processing. This challenge is mainly an exercise in straight photography.
- Naturalistic HDR and exposure blending acceptable.
- Submit a photograph with a building as your primary subject.
- Use the composition of the building itself as a guide to your own composition.
- Dawn and dusk are classic times of day for architectural photography, especially when the light of the sky precisely balances artificial lighting in the windows of the building.
- Perspective distortion can be particularly displeasing. Keep the sensor plane of your camera precisely vertical; you may have to shoot from a greater distance, or use a wider-angle lens, or shoot from a higher position.
- Camera tilt will look good if you are shooting up the side of the building.
- Perspective control lenses and tilt-shift camera movements are classic methods of keeping the vertical lines of the building vertical in your image; alternatively, you can correct for distortion in post-processing.
- A high camera position can look particularly good, especially half the height of your subject.
- Note: a future challenge of this series is architectural interiors.
Maximum number of entries per user:
Maximum number of entries in challenge:
Your friendly bank next door
Bremen city center
Sunday, 14th August, 2011 21:46
||Thursday, 23rd December, 2010