Challenge has finished
Submit a candid photograph of people taken on the street in an urban area. Street photography is documentary in nature and is said to "hold up a mirror" to society, illustrating a moment of life, or plunging the viewer into unfamiliar places.
Thursday, 23rd June, 2011 (GMT)
Thursday, 30th June, 2011 –
Wednesday, 6th July, 2011
Thursday, 7th July, 2011 –
Wednesday, 13th July, 2011
- Street photography is typically done straight, so only minimal post-processing is allowable.
- These photos are often monochrome. Black and white conversion is acceptable.
- Follow dpreview's guidelines for submitting images. Avoid images that are compromising, offensive, or voyeuristic.
- Street photos look best when they appear candid.
- A sense of immediacy is enhanced if you use a normal lens -- 50mm on a 35mm camera, or 35mm on an APC camera.
- Street photographers need to be discreet and ought not draw attention to themselves, which leads to techniques such as shooting from the hip.
- The classic street photographer camera is the Leica, which is compact, has a silent shutter, and good image quality. Contemporary street photographers use whatever camera they want, including even cell-phone cameras.
- Observe your local laws, and use common sense in taking photos.
Maximum number of entries per user:
Maximum number of entries in challenge:
Beautiful Couple & Tattoo
A quick snap while crossing the street
Wednesday, 6th July, 2011 15:30
||Wednesday, 29th August, 2007