Challenge has finished
The Human Race by its very nature is destructive, and as a result it kills things. The object is to show the cruelty and stupidity of Man. The word 'Killing' is active, not passive (as in tense); corpses, animal products and the food chain post mortem are ineligible. No re-enactments. See below for voting guidelines.
Saturday, 7th August, 2010 (GMT)
Saturday, 14th August, 2010 –
Friday, 20th August, 2010
Saturday, 21st August, 2010 –
Friday, 27th August, 2010
- As per series guidelines; post-processing for News or Editorial images:
- 1.0 True-to-Life And Utility-Enhancing Procedures
- The following digital image editing procedures are permitted to compensate for limitations and defects inherent in the digital photographic process, provided that the impact is to make the photograph more true-to-life (i.e. accurate):
- 1.0.1 Colour balancing/correction [additional: B/W accepted]
- 1.0.2 Burning
- 1.0.3 Correction of lens distortion
- 1.0.4 Despeckling
- 1.0.5 Dodging
- 1.0.6 File optimization [additional: to inc Sharpening]
- 1.0.7 Focus adjustments
- 1.0.8 Glare elimination
- 1.0.9 Overall lightening or darkening
- 1.0.10 Red eye elimination
- 2.0.1 Cropping, darkening or focus-softening to reduce/eliminate superfluous material in a manner that preserves the context of the event.
- Submissions must be at least 900x600
- Exif to be intact
- No nudity, Glamour etc.
- No excessive gore; that is any portrayal of blood, guts, brain matter or tissue other than that which is absolutely integral to the image, will be DQ'd.
- Any photograph that seeks to revel in the subject matter will be DQ'd at the host's discretion.
- No Borders, frames or watermarks.
- No reference to your kit or your name in the notes. (you can add a comment post voting if you want to refer to them).
- Voting Guidelines:
- Consider the skills shown in image manipulation and post processing in comparison with the original (shown in examples below) when voting!
- Please vote on the image at full size or in slideshow view- the entrants have put some effort into their submissions, so look at them as they were intended and not as thumbnails.
- Entrants commenting on their own submissions before voting has finished risk disqualification.
- Entries that show signs of vote manipulation will be disqualified.
Maximum number of entries per user:
Maximum number of entries in challenge:
Ventspils is a major oil port on the Baltic sea and the water ner the terminal are poluted with oil waste, often invisible, but deadly. And sometimes it's possible to sea a dead body of a bird stranded on the beach.
Friday, 20th August, 2010 10:44
||Monday, 25th August, 2003
||Contrat enhancing, colour saturation, resizing