Journalism - Domestic News.
Challenge has finished
Your assignment is for the Home News desk (ie News within your country). Source a story National interest, and capture an image to support it. As well as the photograph you need to create a headline and write a couple of lines of the story to give it context and interest. Voters should assess the relevance of both the headline and text in conjunction with the image. The emphasis is on finding a relevant, current story.
Saturday, 17th July, 2010 (GMT)
Saturday, 24th July, 2010 –
Friday, 30th July, 2010
Saturday, 31st July, 2010 –
Friday, 6th August, 2010
- As per series guidelines; post-processing for News or Editorial images:
- 1.0 True-to-Life And Utility-Enhancing Procedures
- The following digital image editing procedures are permitted to compensate for limitations and defects inherent in the digital photographic process, provided that the impact is to make the photograph more true-to-life (i.e. accurate):
- 1.0.1 Colour balancing/correction [additional: B/W accepted]
- 1.0.2 Burning
- 1.0.3 Correction of lens distortion
- 1.0.4 Despeckling
- 1.0.5 Dodging
- 1.0.6 File optimization [additional: to inc Sharpening]
- 1.0.7 Focus adjustments
- 1.0.8 Glare elimination
- 1.0.9 Overall lightening or darkening
- 1.0.10 Red eye elimination
- 2.0.1 Cropping, darkening or focus-softening to reduce/eliminate superfluous material in a manner that preserves the context of the event.
- Submissions must be at least 900x600
- Exif to be intact
Capture date rules:
- Images must be shot after the announcement date of the challenge.
- No nudity, Glamour etc.
- No Borders, frames or watermarks.
- No reference to your kit or your name in the notes. (you can add a comment post voting if you want to refer to them).
- Voting Guidelines:
- Consider the skills shown in image manipulation and post processing in comparison with the original (shown in examples below) when voting!
- Please vote on the image at full size or in slideshow view- the entrants have put some effort into their submissions, so look at them as they were intended and not as thumbnails.
- See guidelines in the theme as to the photograph, headline and story.
- Entrants commenting on their own submissions before voting has finished risk disqualification.
- Entries that show signs of vote manipulation will be disqualified.
- A thread for comments and questions will be opened in the Challenges and Galleries forum
Maximum number of entries per user:
Maximum number of entries in challenge:
Wildcat Strike Left Passengers, and Trains, Stranded
Unionized mechanics walked off the job Friday evening causing massive chaos for the start of the long weekend. As of Saturday night, a blockade prevents any carriage from leaving the repair yard. Soon after this picture was taken, reporters and photographers were forced off the premises by union hired security.
Thursday, 29th July, 2010 05:31
||Saturday, 24th July, 2010