Challenge has finished
Your assignment is for the business section. Source a story, of either local or national economic interest, and capture an image to support it. As well as the photograph you need to create a headline and write a couple of lines of the story to give it context. Voters should assess the relevance of both the headline and text in conjunction with the image. The emphasis is on finding a relevant, current story; entries using still lifes such as coinage, notes etc are liable to be rejected.
Saturday, 3rd July, 2010 (GMT)
Saturday, 10th July, 2010 –
Friday, 16th July, 2010
Saturday, 17th July, 2010 –
Friday, 23rd July, 2010
- As per series guidelines; post-processing for News or Editorial images:
- 1.0 True-to-Life And Utility-Enhancing Procedures
- The following digital image editing procedures are permitted to compensate for limitations and defects inherent in the digital photographic process, provided that the impact is to make the photograph more true-to-life (i.e. accurate):
- 1.0.1 Colour balancing/correction [additional: B/W accepted]
- 1.0.2 Burning
- 1.0.3 Correction of lens distortion
- 1.0.4 Despeckling
- 1.0.5 Dodging
- 1.0.6 File optimization [additional: to inc Sharpening]
- 1.0.7 Focus adjustments
- 1.0.8 Glare elimination
- 1.0.9 Overall lightening or darkening
- 1.0.10 Red eye elimination
- 2.0.1 Cropping, darkening or focus-softening to reduce/eliminate superfluous material in a manner that preserves the context of the event.
- Submissions must be at least 900x600
- Exif to be intact
Capture date rules:
- Images must be shot after the announcement date of the challenge.
- No nudity, Glamour etc.
- No Borders, frames or watermarks.
- No reference to your kit or your name in the notes. (you can add a comment post voting if you want to refer to them).
- Voting Guidelines:
- Consider the skills shown in image manipulation and post processing in comparison with the original (shown in examples below) when voting!
- Please vote on the image at full size or in slideshow view- the entrants have put some effort into their submissions, so look at them as they were intended and not as thumbnails.
- See guidelines in the theme as to the photograph, headline and story.
- Entrants commenting on their own submissions before voting has finished risk disqualification.
- Entries that show signs of vote manipulation will be disqualified.
- A thread for comments and questions will be opened in the Challenges and Galleries forum
Maximum number of entries per user:
Maximum number of entries in challenge:
Double Employed With Kids - Off to work. Goodbye baby, see you in the evening !
Friday, 16th July, 2010 22:50
||Monday, 5th July, 2010