Challenge has finished
To bend forward as a courtesy,
Bend, arch; I.E. Rainbow, the bookshelf was bowed with books,
A weapon for shooting arrows,
A knot, like on shoes, clothing or a gift,
A wooden rod strung with horsehair to play an instrument,
The forward part of a ship, boat or skiff.
Friday, 4th June, 2010 (GMT)
Friday, 11th June, 2010 –
Thursday, 17th June, 2010
Friday, 18th June, 2010 –
Thursday, 24th June, 2010
- The Bow must be the central part of theme
- No colleges or overly artsy fartsy images.
- No double or multiple images (HDR is an exception)
- Absolutely no nudity of any kind. I'm not a prude, but lets keep it clean and largely non sexual.
- No violence. hate, demeaning, or otherwise disturbing and objectionable photo's
- No snapshots, you know, like a vacation shot of junior standing on the bow of a ship or playing a violin in a crowded school auditorium.
- No borders, watermarks, signatures, let the photo stand on its own merits.
- OK too;
- HDR your image to death
- Saturate, desaturate as much as you want.
- Use your creative juices without getting too artsy fartsy.
- Artsy Fartsy (meaning)
- 1. vulgar (slang)
- 2. obviously or overly artistic; effete. (Mildly offensive.)
- I have the final say as to what is rejected.
- Be creative, think outside the box.
- Make this a challenge not to enter the prettiest photo, but something that stands out, regardless if it is perfect, sharp, fuzzy, whispy, whatever.
- Describe what the image is, where it was taken, possibly what you were thinking when you took it.
- In judging the challenge, please think of all of the above.
- I really want the entries to not be the typical coffee table book type, but rather something that makes a person stop for a moment
Maximum number of entries per user:
Maximum number of entries in challenge:
Monday, 14th June, 2010 14:01
||Thursday, 21st December, 2006