Southern Africa: Non-Portraits
Challenge has finished
We finish up our extended tour of Africa with the southernmost countries:  Swaziland;  Lesotho; and  South Africa. A lot of people have been to SA, so entries from Swaziland and Lesotho are especially welcome. If there are more entries than I expect, then I'll probably add more spaces, so everyone who wants can enter. Entrants are required to (1) vote for each other entry, (2) read the comments (if any) below this challenge, in case I or other entrants post with Rules questions or clarifications, and (3) follow each of the challenge rules...including voting WITHIN THE FIRST SIX DAYS of the challenge.
Thursday, 27th March, 2014 (GMT)
Thursday, 3rd April, 2014 –
Wednesday, 9th April, 2014
Thursday, 10th April, 2014 –
Wednesday, 16th April, 2014
- Image must be EXACTLY 1600 pixels on the longest side.
- [1% leeway on size restrictions (16 pixels)]
- No HDR (or HDR-like) post-processing.
- Be subtle in your touch, if you choose to vignette in post-processing
- No selective desaturation
- No composited photos (stitched panoramas are fine, if you give this info in the Details section)
- Either no borders added, or extremely narrow borders. Fill the frame with your amazing images.
- ** FOR THIS CHALLENGE, YOU **MUST** VOTE ON OR BEFORE TUESDAY, PST. (IE, YOU HAVE ONLY 6 DAYS TO VOTE, INSTEAD OF 7 DAYS!!!!).
- No watermarks on the photo that can identify who you are.
- Either color or B/W images are fine.
- Must have a meaningful title
- Either title or details must give location where image was shot.
- ** FOR THIS CHALLENGE, YOU **MUST** VOTE ON OR BEFORE TUESDAY, PST. (IE, YOU HAVE ONLY 6 DAYS TO VOTE, INSTEAD OF 7 DAYS!!!!)**
- Please submit only images that have not been used in a DP challenge in the past few years. Violators will be DQ'd, even if this violation is discovered after the voting has ended.
- IF YOU ENTER . . . VOTE FOR EACH AND EVERY OTHER IMAGE. Taking the time to vote for your peers' images is *HALF* of this challenge. If you prefer not to vote in challenges you enter; I understand... but please, skip this challenge and save the space for another photographer. :-)
- Your location info MUST include, at least,  the country, and  the city town, area, etc inside that country.
- Do not submit any image that is used--in any way--by more than one DPR account. Please PM me if you have any questions about this rule.
Maximum number of entries per user:
Maximum number of entries in challenge: