Syria & Lebanon: Non-Portraits
Challenge has finished
Last week, we did the people of these countries. Now, show us everything else. The farms, landscapes, seasides, local animals, old buildings, etc. Whatever embodies that country to you. As usual for my challenges, Entrants are required to (1) vote for each other entry, (2) read the comments (if any) below this challenge, in case I or other entrants post with Rules questions or clarifications, and (3) follow each of the challenge rules...including voting WITHIN THE FIRST SIX DAYS of the challenge.
Thursday, 21st November, 2013 (GMT)
Thursday, 28th November, 2013 –
Wednesday, 4th December, 2013
Thursday, 5th December, 2013 –
Wednesday, 11th December, 2013
- No HDR (or HDR-like) post-processing.
- Be subtle in your touch, if you choose to vignette in post-processing
- No selective desaturation
- No composited photos (stitched panoramas are fine, if you give this info in the Details section)
- Either no borders added, or extremely narrow borders. Fill the frame with your amazing images.
- ** FOR THIS CHALLENGE, YOU **MUST** VOTE ON OR BEFORE TUESDAY. (IE, YOU HAVE ONLY 6 DAYS TO VOTE, INSTEAD OF 7 DAYS!!!!).
- No watermarks on the photo that can identify who you are.
- Either color or B/W images are fine.
- Image must be 1600 pixels on the longest side.
- 1% leeway on size restrictions (16 pixels)
- Must have a meaningful title
- Either title or details must give location where image was shot. NOTE: Because this challenge covers 2 countries, the location info must include the country name AND a more specific location as well.
- ** FOR THIS CHALLENGE, YOU **MUST** VOTE ON OR BEFORE TUESDAY, PST. (IE, YOU HAVE ONLY 6 DAYS TO VOTE, INSTEAD OF 7 DAYS!!!!)**
- Please submit only images that have not been used in a DP challenge in the past few years. Violaters will be DQ'd, even if this violation is discovered after the voting has ended.
- IF YOU ENTER . . . VOTE FOR EACH AND EVERY OTHER IMAGE. Taking the time to vote for your peers' images is *HALF* of this challenge. If you prefer not to vote in challenges you enter; I understand... but please, skip this challenge and save the space for another photographer. :-)
Maximum number of entries per user:
Maximum number of entries in challenge: