Challenge has finished
****MAKE SURE TO READ THE CHALLENGE COMMENTS BELOW BEFORE POSTING****
**THE CHALLENGE MAY BE CLOSED WHILE THERE IS STILL ROOM TO POST***
Show us your best macro photo of any subject with emphasis on artistic composition. (ONE only - not two). However, entry in this challenge also obliges to give comments about all other entries in the series. Eventually you may enter an improved version of the first photo. See additional rules. You are encouraged to provide early comments during the submission stage to allow contestants to create an improved photo to submit before voting begins
Sunday, 18th December, 2011 (GMT)
Sunday, 25th December, 2011 –
Saturday, 31st December, 2011
Sunday, 1st January, 2012 –
Saturday, 7th January, 2012
- Post processing is as cosmetics, use a little and it enhances the end result artistically. Use too much and the result is blatantly artificial, which is frawned upon in this challenge. So HDR and standard basic post processing is okay, as long as it is not overwhelmingly noticable.
- No composites, we want honest pictures
- ENTER ONLY ONE PICTURE FIRST!
- Each entrant must, on their honor first, write a helpful Comment/Critique for the other 19 entries no later than the ending of the voting phase. It should be describing what they like and/or dislike about the photo, and what they may have done differently,
- After receiving comments it is allowed to enter a second improved version of your first picture.
- Include "second version" in the title.
- DO NOT WITHDRAW THE FIRST PHOTO THOUGH. we should be able to compare them.
- To allow proper evalutation and balance loading times, the longest side of the submitted picture should be between 1000 and 1600 pixels
- The number of participants is limited to 20. This cannot be reflected in the total entry limit. It will be announced in the comments when the challenge is full. Expect DQ if you enter after that.
- Comply with the standard DPR decency rules.
- photos must not have been entered in previous challenges.
- Failure to comply with these rules may result in DQ.
Maximum number of entries per user:
Maximum number of entries in challenge: