Challenge has finished
*rules need to be fully read for entry details*
Show the cold water aquatic life of ponds / rivers / reservoirs /streams which so many people never notice or just take for granted without really seeing the beauty of it,
In the challenge context, aquatics include animals such as frogs / toads / newts / fish / otters / beavers / eel`s / water snakes, or any other creature whose habitat is primarily in or under cold water, but not insects and no salt water dwellers.
If in doubt regarding eligibility, please ask first.
Sunday, 12th September, 2010 (GMT)
Sunday, 19th September, 2010 –
Saturday, 25th September, 2010
Sunday, 26th September, 2010 –
Saturday, 2nd October, 2010
- Entries can be black and white or colour ( but no sepia )
- No special effects, no borders/frames.
- HDR IS allowed in this challenge
- Basic processing, and cloning out of distractions, is allowed.
- No watermarks or any other identifying marks/text
- No reference to the entrant`s ID in title or any other text option
- If unsure on any of the rules please ask for clarification.
- No images depicting animal abuse, suffering or death of any animal/creature
- No images showing or even hinting at any activity designed to cause harm or fear to any animal
- Humans/other animals may be in view but the aquatic must be the primary focus
- No nudity
- Entries which do not adhere to the rules as written will be DQ`d
- Entrants : to confirm that you have read and understood the rules, your photo description must include the code "Aquatics rules understood"
- Any entry which does not contain the above code will be disqualified.
- VOTERS :
- 0.5s should only be given on images of poor quality or for being outside the rules [ if I miss DQing any ].
- If giving any 0.5s, reasons should be given, if you give it stand by it.
- Voting on thumbnail is lazy and disrespectful, entrants deserve to have their images viewed properly.
- Sandbagging / vote manipulation / spite voting - don`t even think of doing it !
Maximum number of entries per user:
Maximum number of entries in challenge: