Microsoft Photosynth App (free)
Being a panoramic photographers son makes you look at the world in a different way and when I got my IPhone I immediately began to look for camera apps and in particular panoramic or wide angle camera apps.
After a few hits and misses I found Microsoft’s Photosynth mobile app. Photosynth is a companion to Microsoft's free panoramic stitching software, Image Composite Editor. Both are easy to use, intuitive, and in no time you will be creating panoramic photos.
Taking a panoramic picture is simple. the eight screen shots to the right show the steps involved.
1) Launch the app.
2,3) Point the camera at the subject and tap to start.
4) Bring the green dot in the middle of the frame to the edge of the last photograph. Pause for a moment. You will hear a tone and then the click of the camera and ta da you have done it!
5) Repeat this process till your heart is content, then click finish.
6) you may have to wait a while if the photo is large for the stitching of the pictures to occur.
You also have the option to skip the stitching till a later date when it might be more convenient.
7) This screen is for sharing your image on your social media platforms and saving it to you camera roll.
8) I usually press the share button, then the camera roll button. I prefer to crop the photograph before I export the image to camera roll.
If you want the best result I suggest going into the settings on the bottom right of the first screen and turn on exposure lock. This will set the first photograph as the exposure for the rest of the captured images for that particular panoramic photograph.
What I like: Intuitive user experience, ability to crop, share, and save to camera roll.
What I don't like: I can't think of anything.
Photosynth App is supported on the IPhone 3Gs, IPhone 4, IPad 2, 4th generation ipad touch
For more Information; http://photosynth.net/capture.aspx