Pentax Optio RS1000 comes with changeable covers
Pre-Photokina 2010: Pentax has announced the Optio RS1000, a compact camera with interchangable, user designable covers. It comes with a 28-110mm equivalent unstabilized lens and is built around a 14.1 megapixel sensor. It offers all this season's standard compact camera features such as 720p HD movie recording and digital filters such as fish-eye and toy-camera. The RS1000 is available in white or black with the option to download or create your own cover that secures behind a transparent front-plate.
IT’S YOUR IMAGE
PENTAX Imaging Systems has today [September 9 2010] unveiled its unique ‘customisable compact camera, the PENTAX Optio RS1000.
With cameras established as a key accessory for every occasion, Pentax now offers style conscious photographers the opportunity to match their camera to their outfit or passion in a credit card size compact.
From football clubs to outfits, events and friends, the PENTAX Optio RS1000 delivers exceptional images with a personalised twist.
Everyone can personalise the camera with photographs or illustrations, printed on a template that lies between the body and a transparent front panel.
The PENTAX Optio RS1000 offers high resolution images produced by approximately 14 megapixels, a 3 inch LCD monitor, 4x optical zoom lens, HD video function and a simple, user-friendly operation.
There will also be a website to visit where visitors can choose, download and print ready-made templates, create their own ‘skins’ and play fun games. Visit www.pentax.co.uk/chameleon for more information.
Available in a black or white base colour, the PENTAX Optio RS1000 will be available to purchase in the UK in October 2010.
Recommended Retail Price: £119.99.
- Exceptional Picture Quality – the high performance imaging engine combined with the 14 effective megapixels reproduces true-to-life colours and exceptional image resolution.
- Large easy to view 3 inch LCD monitor – large detailed images and menus are easy to use and adjust.
- Auto Picture Mode – automatically selects the most appropriate shooting mode for a given subject or scene. The 15 scene modes, automatically selected, optimise various camera settings including sensitivity and shutter speed to ensure the best results.
- Automatic Face Detection – detection of up to 32 faces within the image field for sharp focus. Plus the ability to make faces smaller, an automatic shutter release to capture smiles and blink detection to avoid closed eyes.
- High Quality HD proportioned movie recording – comes equipped with the sophisticated Movie Shake Reduction mode which automatically compensates camera shake during filming.
- Digital filters – offers 9 different filters including toy camera, retro and sepia to add visual effects to images.
In addition it has…
- Digital Blur Removal function to effectively compensate for camera shake during still-image shooting
- Burst Shooting at a speed of 16 images in two seconds (fixed at 640 x 480 pixels)
- Auto-tracking AF mode to keep constant focus on a moving subject
- Digital Panorama mode to effortlessly create a single panoramic picture from as many as three images
- Green mode to automatically optimize exposure and sensitivity settings for a given subject or scene
- Frame Composite function (with 20 frames stored in the camera) to shoot or compose images with decorative photo frames
- MediaImpression 2.0 for PENTAX software for image viewing, editing and filing applications (compatible with the latest operating systems, including Windows 7 and Mac OS X 10.6)
|Recommended price|| $149.95
|Sensor|| 14.1 million effective pixels
1/2.3" type CCD
|Image sizes|| 4288 x 3216
4224 x 2376 (16:9)
3073 x 2304
1920 x 1080 (16:9)
640 x 480
|Sensitivity|| Auto ISO
100 − 6400
|Lens|| Focal length 4.9−19.6mm
28−110mm equivalent (in 35mm terms)
6 elements in 5 groups (3 aspherical elements)
|Image format|| JPEG (Exif 2.3)
PRINT Image Matching III
|Movie format|| AVI (Motion JPEG)|
|Memory|| SD / SDHC
Approx. 18.4 MB internal
|Autofocus|| TTL Contrast detection Autofocus system
Multi-AF 3 points zone, Spot AF, Auto-tracking AF (anticipating subject movement)
|Focus distance|| Normal: 40cm − ∞
Macro: 15cm − 50cm (W), 25cm − 50cm (T)
Super Macro: 8cm − 25cm at focal length of 5.8mm
|Exposure control|| Multi-segment metering|
|Shutter speed|| 1/2000th − 1/4sec
4 sec in Night Scene mode
|Exposure comp.|| ± 2EV (1/3EV steps)|
|Flash|| Integrated auto flash with Red-eye reduction function
Flash On and Flash Off modes
|Flash range|| 15cm - 4.8m (W, Auto ISO)
40cm - 2.6m (T, Auto ISO)
|Video|| HD, 720p 30/15fps
VGA, 640 x 480 30/15fps
QVGA, 320 x 240 30/15fps
with video editing and digital stabilization
|Battery|| D-LI108 rechargeable Lithium-ion battery
Approx 210 shots (CIPA standard testing)
|Interfaces|| PC / AV (PAL / NTSC)
USB 2.0 (Hi-Speed)
|Drive modes|| One-shot
Self-timer (2 or 10 sec)
Burst shooting (3.2fps for 10 frames)
Multi-burst (16 VGA frames at approx 7.5fps saved as single image)
|Digital filters|| B&W
|White balance|| Auto
|Weight (inc battery and card)|| 130g|
|Dimensions (inc lens)|| 92mm x 56mm x 21mm (3.6" x 2.2" x 0.8")|