HP Photosmart M517
HP has announced a new addition to the M series with the 5.2 megapixel HP Photosmart M517. It features all the usual from HP such as in-camera red-eye removal and adaptive lighting technology, which automatically brightens dark areas in high contrast shots. Other features include a 2-inch LCD, 3x optical zoom, 'fast shot' mode plus HP Instant Share, which allows you tag photos for sending via email or printing at a later date. The HP Photosmart M517 will be priced around €229 (approx. US$386).
Excellent Photos, Exceptional Camera
Capture great photos of your family and friends with the new HP Photosmart M517 Digital Camera
HP has announced the launch of its new digital camera designed to make it easier for all of the family to take exceptional digital photographs every time.
Equipped with 5 megapixel resolution the HP Photosmart M517 Digital Camera is perfect for taking pictures of both outdoor family activities as well as intimate portraits. With 24x total zoom (HP Precision 3x optical lens and 8x digital zoom), the images captured can be clearly viewed on the large 5 cm LCD screen or printed and enlarged up to A4 photo size, without any loss of quality to the image.
The camera is beautifully styled, featuring an intuitive button layout and ergonomic design, making it easy to secure a perfect image with one click every time. With 32 MB of internal memory, you can store dozens of images directly on the camera, or increase capacity with an optional SD/MMC memory card to potentially hold hundreds more.
The HP Photosmart M517 Digital Camera comes equipped with a set of award winning HP Real Life technologies. HP Adaptive Lighting makes it easy to automatically brighten dark areas in high contrast shots, revealing details normally lost in shadows. This feature gives great results even when photos are taken facing into the sun or in front of a window. HP In-camera Red-Eye Removal is another feature that allows quick adjustments of photos. The camera intuitively identifies and removes red-eye, saving red-eye free images in a few easy steps, explained on the camera’s large colour LCD screen.
The ‘fast shot’ mode allows you to take photographs in a rapid burst, making it possible to capture great action shots of family and friends, performances and events. This camera even allows you to grab short video clips, including audio, of those special occasions, so that the sentiment of the situation is not lost in years to come.
With HP Instant Share you can print and send images directly to your friends and family without having to send images as large file attachments. In addition HP Image Zone enables photos to be edited, organised and shared within seconds, avoiding complex procedures and large file downloads.
There are several optional accessories available for purchase to accompany the HP Photosmart M517 Digital Camera, including the HP Photosmart M-Series Dock (C8907A), HP Photosmart Quick Recharge Kit (L1815A) and stylish HP Photosmart M-Series Camera Sleeve (Q6214A) and Silver Camera Case (Q6217A).
The HP Photosmart M517 Digital Camera is available at a recommended retail price of €229 (actual prices may vary) (approx. $386).
Building on the success of the award-winning HP Photosmart R-series cameras, this easy-to-use 5 MP camera uses the latest technology to help you take better photos.
The HP Photosmart M517 Digital Camera is designed for people who enjoy digital photography and want to take better photos of friends, family and events. As well as easy printing and enlarging, they will also want to be able to share photos by e-mail.
Exceptional photos from a great little camera. Snap crisp, sharp photos for beautiful prints and enlargements.
- Take photos at 5 MP resolution for beautiful 10 x 15 cm prints and enlargements.
- Get crisp shots from a distance with 24x total zoom – HP Precision 3x optical lens, 8x digital zoom.
- Easily frame and view photos – indoors or out – with bright 5.0 cm LCD.
- Stylish design with ergonomic grip and intuitive button layout.
- Store dozens of photos with 32 MB internal memory; slot for optional SD/MMC card.
- Rechargeable NiMH batteries included, or use AA Photo Lithium or standard AA batteries.
Designed to help you every step of the way. Get better photos every time with easy-to-use HP Real Life technologies.
- Automatically brighten dark areas in high contrast shots to reveal details normally lost in shadows with HP adaptive lighting – get great results even when shooting into the sun or in front of a window.
- Remove red-eye via your LCD screen as soon as you’ve taken a photo: your camera identifies the problem and you can save, view or cancel changes on the spot.
- Get great action shots with fast shot mode; take a series of photos with burst mode; grab video clips with audio.
Share photos however you want. Print with one touch and e-mail photos to friends – without large attachments.
- Select where to send photos as you take them, then e-mail without attachments or print using HP Instant Share™.
- Edit, organise, print and share photos easily using included HP Image Zone software.
- Transfer and print photos – and recharge batteries at the same time – with the optional dock.
- Print with or without a computer – print direct to any PictBridge-enabled printer or using optional memory card.
1/2.5" Type CCD
2576 x 1944
|Movie clips|| 320 x 240 @ 30 fps
Video and sound unlimited depending on size of memory card
|Lens|| 36 - 108 mm (35 mm equiv) 3x optical zoom
F2.8 - 4.9 (W) F4.8 to 8.0 (T)
|Digital zoom||Up to 8x|
|Focus distance|| Normal: 0.5 m to infinity
Macro: 10 cm to 80 cm
|ISO sensitivity|| Auto
|Exposure compensation||+/-2EV in 1/2 steps|
|Shutter speed||2 - 1/2000 sec|
|Aperture||F 2.8 - 4.9 (W) F4.8 to 8.0 (T)|
|Scene modes|| Auto
|White balance|| Auto
|Self timer||10 secs|
|Image parameters|| Full color
Black and white
|Flash||Auto, on, off, red-eye, night|
|LCD monitor|| 2" TFT LCD
|Storage|| SD card
32 MB internal memory
|Power||2x AA battery|
|Weight|| 150 g (5.3 oz) (no batteries)
172 g (6.1 oz) (batteries)
|Dimensions||109 x 52 x 37 mm (4.3 x 2 x 1.4 in)|