Leica M firmware 22.214.171.124 released
Leica has released a firmware update for its M Typ 240 camera with a huge list of improvements and bug fixes. Firmware 126.96.36.199 is available at Leica's website, and the full list of updates and improvements can be found below.
Among the new features are:
- Live view photography with every lens - even those attached with an adapter.
- Expanded Auto ISO ranges and Auto ISO in manual mode.
- Direct EV correction via the thumb wheel without trips to the menus.
- Video recording at 1/25th of a second instead of 1/24th of a second to reduce flicker.
- Better GPS location display, compatible with Lightroom.
Additionally, several bugs in live view and metering were fixed with this update.
Improvements – Leica M (Typ 240) Firmware Version 188.8.131.52.
- Improved description of the lens type in Exif-Data
- Live view is now possible with every lens (including older screw lenses via an adapter) using "manual lens detection"
- A "Video off" option is now available in the Set menu (see submenu item "Video recording")
The M-Button on the Top-cover is deactivated when this option is chosen.
- The Horizon (level) is now visible in Live View, overlaying the live image. This additional infoscreen is enabled using the menu item "Horizon"
- New menu item "Exposure Simulation"
- Exposure simulation -> Permanent: Live View accurately shows image brightness according to the shutter speed and aperture set in manual exposure (as long as the chosen exposure time is shorter than 1/30s)
- Exposure simulation -> Release button half-pressed: Image brightness in live view is adjusted for best visibility, regardless of the actual exposure. Half pressing the shutter button shows the actual exposure.
- Extended Auto ISO options
- All Auto ISO options are now visible using the ISO button
- Extra options for "Maximum Exposure Time" - 1x, 2 x, or 4x focal length - can be selected to help avoid camera shake when using auto ISO and long lenses.
- "Auto ISO in M mode" is now offered as an option. This varies ISO sensitivity for correct exposure when shutter speed and aperture are set manually.
- Alternatively the camera chooses the previous manually chosen ISO speed
- Crop marks
- In Live View, new crop marks for 3:4 / 6:7 / 1:1 / and 16:9 aspect ratios can be displayed. By pressing the up/down keys, the crop marks are superimposed on the live view screen (without additional information)
- Korean language
- Korean is now available as a menu language
- During video recording, 1/25s is now used instead of 1/24s. This reduces flicker effects with 50Hz mains voltage
- Exposure bracketing settings are now saved when the camera is switched off
- Direct exposure correction
- An "EV correction" option in the menu enables direct adjustment.
- So EV compensation can be altered by turning the thumb wheel, without having to press additional buttons.
- New Light Metering Mode "Classic / LV disabled"
- In this mode, only Classic light-metering is possible; the LV button is disabled to avoid the activation of live view by accident.
- New menu item "Focus Peaking"
- For improved visibility, the color of focus peaking can now be set to red, green or blue.
- Better display of GPS location data
- Position is now shown for JPG files in Adobe Lightroom®
- Where the GPS signal is weak, the last position is now deleted after 5min instead of 24h as in previous firmware versions.
- Bugfix in Live View at high temperatures
- Occasional malfunction of Live View at high temperatures has been fixed
- Bugfix in light metering (Live view)
- Bugfix regarding sensor cleaning function