Casio Exilim Hi-Zoom EX-V7
CES 2007: Casio has unveiled 'the world’s slimmest digital camera with a 7X optical zoom lens' - the Exilim EX-V7 - at CES today. The new ultra-slim (just 25.1mm thick) 7.2 megapixel camera features Casio's CCD shift system, H.264 MPEG movies and a 38-266mm equiv. optical zoom. Impressive stuff.
Casio Introduces the World’s Slimmest Digital Camera with a 7X Optical Zoom Lens
Motion Analysis Technology Reduces Photo Blur, Enables Auto Tracking AF Function and Built-in Camera Shake Compensation Uses Mechanical CCD Shift Technology
LAS VEGAS, NV, January 8, 2007 – Casio, Inc. and its parent company Casio Computer Co., Ltd., announced today the release of the 7.2-megapixel EXILIM Hi-ZOOM EX-V7, the most powerful zoom in the stylish EXILIM® series of compact digital cameras. This new model is the world’s slimmest digital camera with a 7X optical zoom lens*. Thinness is a defining quality in the EXILIM line, and the EX-V7 is no different as it easily fits in a shirt pocket or small purse.
In recent years, a number of compact, high-performance digital cameras have appeared on the market, but the trade-off between zoom power and camera size was evident in those models. Users who wanted to capture subjects at a distance were forced to buy bulkier cameras while other consumers sacrificed zoom for portability.
“The newest edition to the EXILIM line, the EX-V7, solves this problem, giving users the best of both worlds,” said Bill Heuer, Senior Vice President of Casio’s Digital Imaging Division. “It’s an exceptionally portable, great-looking digital camera with a powerful zoom lens — just what the world has been waiting for.”
The new camera also introduces an innovative function for reducing photo blur, made possible by Casio’s mechanical CCD shift technology. It also combines Casio’s well-received Anti Shake DSP, which reduces blur due to shaky hands or a moving subject by using higher ISO sensitivity and faster shutter speeds, with new motion analysis technology that uses the most appropriate ISO sensitivity and shutter speed to capture a moving photo subject. Even at high zoom settings, the EX-V7 reduces most occurrences of image blur. Everyone from first-time photographers to seasoned professionals will love this latest photographic marvel from Casio.
* As of January 8, 2007, for digital cameras with a zoom ration of 7x or above. Based on a Casio survey.
The world’s slimmest* digital camera with a 7X optical zoom lens, as stylish as any EXILIM
- 59.8 mm high, 95.5 mm wide, and 25.1 mm thin (20.8 mm at the thinnest part)
- Incorporates a cutting-edge, non-protruding 7X internal optical zoom lens.
- Offers 10X-equivalent zoom without loss of picture quality (in 3.0-megapixel mode).
Four blur reduction technologies with new CCD shift system
- New CCD shift system actually mechanically compensates for camera shake.
- Automatically analyzes the velocity and vector of a moving subject and sets the most appropriate ISO sensitivity and shutter speed.
- Anti Shake DSP reduces blur due to shaky hands and subject movement, using high shutter speeds and high sensitivity settings.
- Electronic camera shake compensation function eliminates blur when shooting in movie mode.
Newly designed EXILIM Engine 2.0 image processor
- “Auto Tracking AF” function follows moving subjects, keeping them continuously in focus until the photo is taken.
- Tonal control lets users keep bright areas of the scene bright by limiting the occurrence of dark pixels.
- Offers ability to selectively eliminate noise in designated color regions, such as the sky.
- Boasts faster image processing functions that enable instantaneous color correction or angle adjustment.
High-quality movies using next-generation H.264 video encoding method
- Creates movies at high compression ratios that save storage space.
- Records about 1.5 times longer, with the same capacity and same picture quality as conventional MPEG-4.**
- Silent lens motion enables optical zooming while recording movies in stereo sound.
- Records 16:9 wide-aspect movies compatible with wide-screen TVs.
* As of January 8, 2007, for digital cameras with a zoom ratio of 7x or above. Based on a Casio survey.
** Casio comparison, at Normal picture quality setting.
1/2.5 " Type CCD
|Image sizes|| 3072 x 2304
3072 x 2048 (3:2)
2560 x 1920
2048 x 1536
1600 x 1200
640 x 480
|Movie clips|| with WAV audio
848 x 480 @ 30fps
640 x 480 @ 30fps
320 x 240 @ 15fps
|File formats|| JPEG Exif V2.2
Motion JPEG AVI
|Lens|| 38-266mm (35mm equiv)
7x optical zoom
F3.4 - 5.3
|Image stabilization||CCD shift system|
|Digital zoom||up to 4x|
|Focus|| Contrast Detection AF
|AF area modes|| Spot
|AF assist lamp||Yes|
|Focus distance|| AF: 30cm - infinity
Manual: 10cm - infinity
Spot by imaging element
|ISO sensitivity|| Auto
ISO 1600 (using BEST SHOT High Sensitivity mode)
|Exposure compensation||+/- 2EV in 1/3EV steps|
|Shuttter speed|| Program AE: 1/2 to 1/800 sec
Aperture Priority AE: 1 to 1/800 sec
Shutter Speed Priority AE and Manual Exposure: 60 to 1/800 sec
|Aperture||F3.4 / 4.6 / 9.2 auto switching|
|White balance|| Auto
6 fixed modes
|Self timer||10 or 2 sec, Triple Self-timer|
Range: 0.1 - 2.8m (wide) 1.0 - 1.8m (tele)
Rapid Flash Range: 0.4 - 2.1m (wide) 1.0 - 1.4m (tele)
|LCD monitor|| 2.5-inch TFT
|Connectivity|| USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
USB Cradle Connector
|Storage|| 11.6MB internal memory
SDHC / SD / MMC card compatible
|Power|| Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery NP-50
Charger included (?)
|Weight (no batt)||149 g|
|Dimensions||95.5 x 59.8 x 25.1 mm|
Casio Exilim EX-V7SR 7.2MP Digital Camera
with 7x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom
Casio Exilim ex-v7 Camera