Canon strengthens tilt & shift range with two new additions
Amstelveen, the Netherlands, 18 February, 2009: Canon today announces the launch of two new tilt and shift lenses, the Ultra-Wide angle TS-E 17mm f/4L and the TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II, an upgrade to the popular TS-E 24mm f/3.5L.
Canon was the first company to offer 35mm camera users a combined tilt and shift lens, With 36 years experience in this field, Canon has now added a new unique functionality to the TS-E 17mm f/4L and TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II, allowing users to rotate the direction of the tilt and shift independently of each other.
This affords greater control over the focal plane, replicating the movements of a large format view camera. Canon’s revolutionary tilt and shift revolving mechanism is particularly useful when shooting product shots from a perspective where specific framing and focal plane is required.
The new lenses, influenced by feedback from professional photographers, have been created to produce the best image quality with high resolution, high contrast and low distortion.
The use of high-precision asphercial front elements keeps distortion, common in wide angle lenses, to an absolute minimum, even at the edges of the frame. The TS-E 17mm f/4L and TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II also feature multiple UD elements to reduce chromatic aberration and optimised focus mechanisms.
Canon today has also introduced a new range (52mm to 72mm) of versatile, multi-functional PL-C B polarizing filters to help reduce reflections from glass or water or darken blue skies. The PL-C B’s, which are now available in 52mm, 58mm, 67mm, 72mm, 77mm and 82mm filter thread sizes, also allows the lens cap to be attached to the lens to prevent damage to the filter if left attached when not in use.
Key features of the TS-E 17mm f/4L and TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II include
- Tilt and shift lenses compatible with all Canon EOS cameras
- Ultra Wide 17mm / wide 24mm focal length, ideal for architecture and landscapes
- High precision lens elements for low distortion and high resolution to the edge of the image
+/- 6.5° Tilt and +/-12mm Shift (TS-E 17mm f/4L) +/- 8.5° Tilt and ±12mm Shift (TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II)
- Tilt and shift mechanism rotates +/-90° allowing shift in any direction
- Tilt mechanism rotates +/-90° allowing tilt in any direction relative to the shift
- Aspherical and UD lens elements minimise chromatic aberration
- Sub-wavelength structure and super-spectra coatings minimise ghosting and flare
- Circular aperture for creative, blurred highlights
- TS-E 17mm f/4L has a floating internal focus mechanism delivers high image quality throughout focus range.
|Diagonal Angle of view||93º , 70º 30', 104º (horizontal, vertical, diagnol)|
18 elements/ 12 groups
|Number of diaphragm blades||8|
|Filter thread||• 77mm|
|Supplied accessories||• Front and rear caps
• Soft Case LP1219
|Dimensions||88.9 x 106.9mm|
Canon's new polarizing filters
52mm PL-C B
58mm PL-C B
72mm PL-C B
77mm PL-C B
|Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L UD Aspherical Ultra Wide Tilt-Shift...|
|Keyboard Corner by SilvanBromide|
from Show Us KEYBOARDS!
|Moss Point Blue by Gary Zuercher|
from The blues.
|Ljubljana by SSonic|
from Streets #6: Streets in Monochrome
|Music written in landscape by Schjeldal|
from Abstract Photo - Landscape