Fujifilm revises upcoming X-Pro1 and X-E1 firmware updates
Fujifilm has given more details about its upcoming firmware updates for the X-Pro1 and X-E1 (Versions 3.00 for the X-Pro1, and 2.00 for the X-E1). In addition to the existing promise to improve autofocus speed, it says that focus accuracy will be improved with difficult subjects. The updates will also add a 'focus peaking' function to aid manual focus, and improve image stabilisation during movie recording with the 18-55mm F2.8-4 lens. They are due to be available for download on 23rd July.
New firmware improves performance of the FUJIFILM X-Pro1 and FUJIFILM X-E1 cameras
Faster AF speed and the addition of a “Focus Peak Highlight” function for manual focusing plus enhanced focus precision when photographing subjects in low contrast.
FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Shigehiro Nakajima) will release a free dedicated firmware update on the 23rd of July which will drastically improve the performance of the FUJIFILM X-Pro1 and X-E1 premium interchangeable lens cameras and enable users to take photos even more conveniently.
Further to the detail of the firmware update announced on the 25th of June, point 4 below has been added, offering improved focus precision for subjects in various shooting conditions.
Firmware release date:
23rd July, 2013
Key contents of the firmware update for X-Pro1 and X-E1 cameras
1. Improved AF speed on most existing XF lenses.
Thanks to an updated algorithm, faster AF speed is achieved with the following XF lenses:
- XF14mmF2.8 R
- XF18mmF2 R
- XF35mmF1.4 R
- XF60mmF2.4 R Macro
- XF18-55mmF2.8–4 R LM OIS
NB: To benefit fully from the improvements above you will need to upgrade your XF lens firmware as well as your camera firmware
2. Addition of a “Focus Peak Highlight” function for manual focusing.
A “Focus Peak Highlight” function, as featured on the FUJIFILM X100S and X20 cameras, has been added to the X-Pro1 and X-E1 via this firmware update. It assists accurate and sensitive manual focusing by enhancing the outline of your subject in high contrast.
3. Improvement of the method to change magnification during manual focus.
Just press the dial to activate image magnification during manual focus and then rotate the dial right or left and the camera will alternate between 3x and 10x, whichever direction you turn.
4. Improvement of focus precision in various scenes [additional item]
The focus detection algorithm has been improved to provide more accurate focus precision for low contrast subjects and scenes containing horizontal stripes.
5. XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R LM OIS lens: Optical Image Stabilisation (OIS) is improved when recording videos.
The OIS has been improved to reduce image blurring when walking and recording video footage.
- To enjoy these improvements, please upgrade the firmware on your X-Pro1 to version 3.00 or newer and the firmware on your X-E1 to version to 2.00 or newer:
- FUJIFILM X-Pro1: Ver. 3.00
- FUJIFILM X-E1: Ver. 2.00
- It is also necessary to download new version 3.00 lens firmware and update this for each of your lenses to fully benefit from these enhancements
- All XF Lenses (different firmware for each lens): Ver. 3.00
To download the new firmware, please visit the support section of our global website:
Fujifilm global website: http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/
|Fujifilm X-T1 16.3MP Full HD 1080p Video Mirrorless Digital Camera 18-55mm Lens 32GB Kit||$1598.95|
|Fujifilm X-Pro1 Black Mirrorless Digital Camera||$799.95|
|Rocky Mastering the Fujifilm X-E1 and X-Pro1 eBook||$19.19|