Fujifilm Canada offers sneak peek at X100 firmware
Fujifilm Canada has released details of the forthcoming X100 firmware update on its '@fujiguys' Twitter feed. A series of updates detail ten significant changes to the X100's firmware, designed to address some of the criticisms of the camera's behavior. Changes include more responsive 'wake from sleep' behavior without a long press of the shutter button, clear indication of the eye sensor being engaged and the maintaining of ISO/Self-Timer/DR/Flash/Macro settings when exposure mode, review mode or power state is changed.
The original messages can be found at http://twitter.com/#!/fujiguys but, as yet, no official announcement of when the updated firmware will become available has been made.
List of published changes (presented in the order in which they were published)
- 1/3EV adjustments now available in all shooting modes
- Red-eye removal can be disabled when shooting RAW
- 'FN' button assignment menu can be activated with a long press of the FN button
- Camera can be woken from sleep with regular half-press of shutter button (not long press)
- Size of the AF area is maintained after switching from OVF/EVF/LCD
- Holding down menu/ok button for 3secs locks 4-way controller (stops drive/flash/macro/WB from being accidentally set)
- When 'eye sensor' mode is enabled, an 'Eye Sensor' reminder appears on the LCD display
- Macro/ISO/DR/Self-timer/Flash settings are maintained when exposure mode, review mode or power state are changed/cycled
- When Auto ISO control is set to 'on', actual ISO sensitivity is displayed on half-press of shutter button
- When switching between shooting/playback mode, the last viewed photograph is remembered unless a new photograph is taken
|Fujifilm - Leather Case for Finepix X100S Digital Camera - Brown||$99.99|