Fujifilm firmware updates: 56mm lens compatibility and improved OIS
Fujifilm has announced firmware updates for five X-series cameras and three zoom lenses. It adds XF 56mm F1.2 lens compatibility to the following cameras: X-Pro1, X-E1, X-E2, X-M1 and X-A1. Improved optical image stabilization functions are added to the XC16-50mm, XF18-55mm and XF55-200mm lenses; the latter two also gain improved AF focus tracking on the X-E1 and X-T1.
Camera updates incorporate the following changes:
- Addition of compatibility with XF56mmF1.2R.
- Improvement of AE accuracy with XF56mmF1.2R.
- Improvement of AF accuracy with XF56mmF1.2R (only for X-E2).
Download the new firmware
- Version 3.20 for X-Pro1
- Version 2.20 for X-E1
- Version 1.20 for X-E2
- Version 1.10 for X-M1
- Version 1.10 for X-A1
For the lenses, the following changes are applied:
- Improvement of OIS function for movie shooting when panning and tilting a camera.
- Improvement of OIS function for still image shooting.
- Fixed a bug where the maximum aperture always displays F5.6 (only for XC16-50mm).
- Improvement of AF response during continuous shooting with X-E2 and X-T1 (for XF18-55mm and XF55-200mm).