Happy New Year 2002!
Here in the UK it's already 2002, and so it's time to welcome in the New Year and wish all our readers, affiliates, suppliers and friends a very Happy and Prosperous New Year. I'm sure we're all looking forward to another year of innovation from the digital camera manufacturers and lots of new, exciting, and higher value products in 2002. On a personal note I'd like to thank all the people who make this site possible, and all the visitors and regular forums members who make it such an amazing place to be.
- We posted 508 news articles comprising of 2,400+ files (includes images)
- We posted 40 in-depth reviews of digital cameras (some >20 pages each)
- There were 825,589 messages posted on the forums in 2001
- 42,139 individuals became forums members in 2001
- Forums traffic grew from 1,300 messages posted per day at the beginning of the year to 3,600 messages a day last month
- There are 1.1 million messages in total in the forums database
- 500,000 messages are read every day (accesses of 'read.asp' in a single day)
- Unique visitors and page impressions (whole site) have doubled year on year
- We now serve approximately 2.6 million visitors 40 million pages per month
- Our largest review, of the Canon EOS-1D comprises of 537 files (including images)
- The most popular camera of the year (according to 'click statistics' was the Canon G2)
- We were mentioned in USA Today, Forbes "Best of The Web", The Wall Street Journal, Newsweek and Yahoo! Internet Life (among others)