Fujifilm announces XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS wideangle zoom
Fujifilm has announced the XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS, a premium ultra-wideangle zoom lens for the company's X system mirrorless cameras. It offers an angle of view equivalent to 15-36mm on full frame, and incorporates optical image stabilisation to reduce blur at slow shutter speeds when shooting hand-held. It also has an aperture control ring on the barrel, and is compatible with the company's Lens Modulation Optimizer function that promises more detailed out-of-camera JPEG images when shooting at small apertures. It'll be available from March 2014 for $999.95 / £849.99.
Fujifilm launches the Fujinon XF10-24mmF4 R OIS – an ultra wide to standard zoom lens with an F4.0 aperture throughout
FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Shigehiro Nakajima) is proud to announce the launch of the Fujinon XF10-24mmF4 R OIS lens compatible with all Fujifilm X mount compact system cameras.
The new Fujinon XF lens is a 2.4x zoom lens – equivalent to 15-36mm in 35mm format. Its ultra wide to standard focal length capabilities make it the perfect choice for shooting dynamic, high impact landscapes images with maximum detail from the foreground to the far distance. It also comes into its own when shooting interiors, making small rooms look more impressive, while the maximum F4.0 aperture that is available throughout the zoom range, enables handheld shooting even in low light conditions.
Fujifilm’s introduction of the Fujinon XF10-24mmF4 R OIS means its X mount series can now boast (in 35mm equivalent) focal length options ranging from 15mm to 350mm.
Key features on the Fujinon XF10-24mm lens
- Newly designed optical system with 4 high-precision aspherical lenses and 3 extra low dispersion glass lenses which maximize performance of the X-Trans sensor.
- A powerful Optical Image Stabilisation function which boosts the ability to work handheld when shooting in low light.
- Ghosting is minimized by Fujifilm’s unique HT-EBC* multi-layer coating that is applied to all sides of Fujinon lenses.
- An additional newly developed coating has been added to the reverse side of the front lens in the XF10-24 composition to further reduce the ghosting that typically occurs when using deep concave lenses.
- Enhanced resolving power at all apertures when used in-conjunction with an X-series camera** that incorporates a Lens Modulation Optimizer (LMO) function.
- Seven-blade aperture diaphragm that helps to create smooth and round bokeh effects.
- The ability to shoot at an aperture of F4.0 from the lens’ ultra-wide 15mm focal length to its longest at 36mm.
- A minimum working distance of 24cm means that with macro photography you can capture both the small foreground detail and the wider surroundings to give your subject greater context.
- Its high-speed AF is achieved via its inner focusing system which drives smaller lenses in the middle or rear lens groups without moving the larger lenses in the front lens groups
- Thanks to light weight internal lenses and the addition of a stepping motor, the XF10-24mm lens is also very quiet to use.
- With its precision-made, responsive, and finely-tuned metal aperture and focus rings, you are ensured a superb handling experience.
* High Transmittance Electron Beam Coating
** As of December 2013 FUJIFILM X-E2
|Lens type||Zoom lens|
|Max Format size||APS-C / DX|
|Focal length||10–24 mm|
|Lens mount||Fujifilm X|
|Number of diaphragm blades||7|
|Special elements / coatings||4 aspherical elements, 3 extra low dispersion glass elements|
|Minimum focus||0.24 m (9.45″)|
|Motor type||Stepper motor|
|Full time manual||Yes|
|Weight||410 g (0.90 lb)|
|Diameter||78 mm (3.07″)|
|Length||87 mm (3.43″)|
|Materials||Metal barrel, metal mount|
|Zoom method||Rotary (internal)|
|Filter thread||72 mm|
|Filter notes||Does not rotate on focusing|