Pentax Optio S12
Pre-PMA 2008: The Pentax Optio S12 shoehorns 12 megapixels into a slim and slinky casing along with 3x optical zoom. Unfortunately there's no optical stabilization but if you enable the 'Shake Reduction' mode the camera will bump up the ISO to 3200 in an effort to achieve high shutter speeds. Face Recognition helps the camera set the focus and exposure optimally for those all-important friends and family members and DiX video compression ensures you'll be able to capture plenty of embarrassing moments in high quality. £199 is all you'll need to hand over for this little beauty come March 2008.
ANNOUNCING THE PENTAX Optio S12 - Superb technology in a comprehensively equipped slim and compact camera
This new digital compact camera offers the highest technology in the smallest possible body. Ultra-compact dimensions and high-quality design are immediately recognizable in the typical PENTAX style.
Inside the 12 megapixels resolution with digital "Shake Reduction" and "Face Recognition" function complete the superb features for this state-of-the-art compact camera.
- Ultra-compact, high-end lavishly equipped digital camera in a stunning aluminium body
- Easy to understand menus for simple operation
Data at a glance:
- 12 Megapixel CCD; 1/1.7’’ CCD
- Ultra-compact with 2.5’’ TFT Monitor
- 3x optical zoom: f/ 2.8-5.4 / 7.9-23.7mm (38 – 114mm in 35mm film format)
- Digital “Shake Reduction“ for picture and video modes; automatically sets the sensitivity to ISO 3200
- Full automatic mode and 18 Picture Modes
- Available in attractive colours: silver, black, pink and metallic blue
- 21 MB internal memory
- Dimensions: 87 (W) x 54 (H) x 21 (D) mm; Weight 130g operational
- Recommend Retail Price: £199.99
- Available: March 2008
Modifications from previous model (Optio S10):
- Resolution 12 Megapixel
- 6x digital zoom
- Sensitivity: ISO 50 to ISO 3200
- Digital Shake Reduction and Face Recognition AF & AE in all modes of operation
- 18 different Picture modes
- Available in four attractive colours
Additional information at a glance:
- Clear and bright 2.5’’ TFT Colour LCD Monitor with 232,000 pixels and Anti-reflection Coating
- Movie Function with 30 fps
- Portrait recognition with Face Selector: Fully automatic focusing and exposure – automatic object recognition within the autofocus frames. The autofocus and exposure set according to the object position so that exact focus and proper skin tones are assured, even in backlighting conditions.
- There is a suitable programme for any shooting situation – Program Automatic, Night scene, Video, Sound recording, Landscape, Flowers, Portrait, Natural Skin Tones, Sand+Snow, Sport, Kids, Pets, Food, digital “Shake Reduction“ (SR), Text, Frames.