Olympus OM-D E-M10 and E-M1 get firmware updates
Olympus has issued new firmware versions for the OM-D E-M10 and E-M1. The E-M10 gets the same zero-second anti-shock mode recently added to the Pen E-P5 in an attempt to mitigate shutter shock problems. The E-M1 update adds a variety of new features, including several when used with Olympus OI.Share smartphone app.
This anti-shock feature was first introduced to the E-M1 in v1.3 firmware. It's a workaround that engages electronic first curtain shutter to avoid the image blur caused by the mechanical shutter. When we tested the E-M10 we didn't find it to be susceptible to the kind of shutter shock we saw in the Pen E-P5, but it's nice to see Olympus extending this feature to other cameras in its premium OM-D lineup. Take a look at our updated Olympus Pen E-P5 review, amended to include findings based on using the latest firmware version with zero-second anti-shock.
Find a full list of updates included in both new firmware versions below.
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Firmware v1.1 Updates:
- Image stabilization compensation while shooting videos has been stabilized.
- A 0 second setting has been added to Anti-Shock mode.
Olympus OM-D E-M1 Firmware v1.4 Updates:
- AF response when using four thirds lenses has been improved.
- Stabilization of shooting in C-AF has been improved.
- Shooting images when using the remote control function of the smart phone application "OLYMPUS Image Share" now supports Art Filter, custom self timer, zoom operation when using the electric zoom, Digital Tele-converter, and Release mode.
* It is necessary to update to the latest version of OLYMPUS Image Share.
|Body Only, Black, Base|
|Olympus OM-D E-M1 Compact System Camera with 16MP and...|
|Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II Mirrorless Digital Camera w/ 14-42mm EZ Lens Bundle||$649.00|
|Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II Mirrorless Digital Camera with 14-42mm II R Lens||$649.00|
|Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II Two Lens Kit w/ 14-42mm and 40-150mm lenses||$699.00|