Kingston releases SDHC UHS-I UltimateXX memory cards
Pre-CES 2011: Kingston Technology has released the UltimateXX 233x SDHC UHS-I memory cards in 8GB, 16GB and 32GB capacities. They offer maximum read speeds of up to 60MB/s and up to 35MB/sec. of write speeds. The performance of the cards is optimized when paired with UHS-I compatible devices, and supports 3D and full HD video recording features of recently released cameras.
Kingston Digital Announces SDHC UHS-I UltimateXX
International CES 2011 Las Vegas, NV and Fountain Valley, CA -- January 5, 2011 -- Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the SDHC UHS-I UltimateXX memory cards. The highest speed class available today, the UltimateXX meets standards set by the Secure Digital Association for next-level performance in SD card technology.
Shipping later this month, Kingston’s UltimateXX memory cards are ideal for the serious photographer or videographer. Photographers will appreciate the ability to easily capture sequential shots that were once a challenge due to the speed limitations of memory. The UltimateXX also makes it easy to capture HD video. The performance of SDHC UHS-I memory card is optimized when paired with a UHS-I device, although the card is backwards compatible with Class 4, 6 and 10 equipment.
“Kingston is pleased to be one of the first manufacturers to offer SDHC UHS-I memory cards to our customers,” said Mike Kuppinger, Flash card product manager, Kingston®. “Being a member of the SD Association enhances our ability to bring new technology to market. As the devices that support SDHC UHS-I become prevalent, our UltimateXX cards are at the ready.”
Kingston’s UltimateXX line meets the SD Association standards for the UHS-I speed class with speeds up to 60MB/sec. read and 35MB/sec. write. At this performance level, the write speed of SDHC UHS-I memory cards is more than three times as fast as SDHC Class 10 cards. The UltimateXX product line will offer capacities of 8GB, 16GB and 32GB.
Kingston SDHC UHS-1 UltimateXX Features and Specifications:
- Performance: 233x – up to 60MB/sec. read, and 35MB/sec. write
- Fast: ultra high-speed bus I (UHS-I)
- Compliant: with the SD Card Association specification version 3.01
- Secure: built-in write-protect switch prevents accidental data loss
- Compatible: with SDHC and SDXC host devices, not compatible with standard SD-enabled devices/readers
- Reliable: lifetime warranty
- Simple: as easy as plug-and-play
- Capacities*: 8GB, 16GB, 32GB
- Dimensions: 0.94" x 1.25" x 0.08" (24mm x 32mm x 2.1mm)
- Weight: 0.09oz (2.5g)
- Storage Temperatures: -40°F to 185°F (-40°C to 85°C)
- Operating Temperatures: -13°F to 185°F (-25°C to 85°C)
- Voltage: 3.3V
- File Format: FAT32
* Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston's Flash Guide at kingston.com/flash_memory_guide.