Adobe Camera Raw 8.5 and DNG Converter 8.5 now available
Adobe has made Camera Raw and DNG Converter 8.5 final release versions available for download. A few new cameras are now supported including the Canon Powershot G1 X Mark II, Olympus OM-D E-M10 and Panasonic GH4. Though not included in the release candidate version, the Sony Cyber-Shot RX100 III has managed to make its way in for the final release.
Camera Raw 8 users with Photoshop CS6 will get new camera support, lens profiles and bug fixes, but a few new features are added for Photoshop CC subscribers, as detailed below. Photoshop CC and CS6 users can update to ACR 8.5 through the 'Update' feature. Click to download Adobe DNG Converter 8.5 for Mac or Windows.
New Camera Support in Camera Raw 8.5
- Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark II
- Fujifilm FinePix S1
- Nikon 1 J4
- Nikon 1 S2
- Nikon 1 V3
- Olympus OM-D E-M10
- Panasonic LUMIX DMC-GH4
- Pentax 645Z
- Samsung NX3000
- Sony DSC-RX100 III
- Sony A7S (ILCE-7S)
- Sony Alpha SLT-A77 II (ILCA-77M2)
New Lens Profile Support in Camera Raw 8.5
- Fujifilm Tele Conversion Lens TCL-X100
- Nikon 1 NIKKOR VR 10-30mm f3.5-5.6 PD-ZOOM
- Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR
- Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM C014 (Canon, Nikon, Sigma)
- Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM A014 (Canon, Nikon, Sigma)
- Sigma 30mm F1.4 DC HSM A013 (Pentax, Sony)
- Sony Alpha 28-75mm F2.8 SAM
- Tamron SP 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD A011N Nikon
- Tamron 16-300mm F3.5-6.3 DiII VC PZD MACRO B016E Canon
- Tamron 16-300mm F3.5-6.3 DiII VC PZD MACRO B016N Nikon
Camera Raw 8.5 introduces the following new features for Photoshop CC customers:
Modify Graduated and Radial Filter masks with a brush:
- After adding or selecting a Graduated or Radial Filter instance, click the new 'Brush' mode (next to existing 'New' and 'Edit' mode buttons) to reveal brush controls that allow you to modify the selected mask.
- Use the 'Brush +' and 'Brush -' icon buttons in the brush controls pane to add to or erase from the selected mask.
- Press the 'Clear' button to remove all brush modifications from the currently selected mask.
- When a Graduated or Radial Filter instance is selected, Shift-K can be used to enter and leave brush modification mode.
- For more information, check out this video here
Mask visualization is now available for the Graduated and Radial Filters. Use the Mask checkbox at the bottom of the Local Corrections pane or press 'Y' to toggle the mask overlay.
Added new Per-Panel Preview default toggle
- If the current panel's settings are not the ACR defaults, clicking the new Per-panel Toggle Button will reset the panel to the ACR defaults
- Clicking the button again will restore the previous settings
- This is a standalone feature, separate from the new Preview controls
- The changes are applied to the main view; if you have both the Before and After panes visible, changes will appear in the After panel.
Fixed issue with Fujifilm X-T1 raw images appearing too bright at high ISO settings when using Dynamic Range 200% and 400%. Unfortunately, this fix may affect the appearance of existing images captured with this combination of settings. It is recommended that you (1) purge the Camera Raw cache via the Camera Raw Preferences dialog, and (2) review images shot at ISO settings higher than 1600 for unexpected brightness changes.
Fixed image quality issue (noisy result) when applying spot healing to floating-point (HDR) images.
Fixed issue with reading lossless compressed Nikon raw files (NEF files) from the camera models listed below. Previously, some images could be read but would appear as random noise, whereas attempting to open others would result in an error dialog. You will need to purge your Camera Raw cache via the Camera Raw Preferences dialog.
- Nikon D1
- Nikon D1H
- Nikon D1X
- Nikon D2H
- Nikon D2Hs
- Nikon D2X
- Nikon D2Xs
- Nikon D100
- Nikon D200
- Customers using the Sony RX100 M3 and capturing images at ISO 125 may find the default rendering in ACR and Lightroom too dark. This is a known issue and we are working to improve this in a future update.
|Fujifilm FinePix S8200 Black Digital Camera||$199.00|
|Nikon 1 J4 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 10-30mm Lens - Silver||$596.95|
|Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark II Digital Camera 16GB Kit||$799.00|
|Fujifilm FinePix S4800 16 MP 3-inch LCD Digital Camera 8GB Kit||$159.00|
|Fujifilm FinePix S6800 16 MP 30x Wide Angle Zoom Digital Camera White 8GB Kit||$174.00|
|Fujifilm FinePix S6800 16 MP 30x Wide Angle Zoom Digital Camera Red 8GB Kit||$179.00|
|Olympus - Replacement EP-14 Eyecup for OM-D E-M10||$12.99|
|Nikon - EN-EL20a Rechargeable Li-ion Battery for 1 V3 Digital Camera||$49.95|
|Olympus - CS-44SF Soft Black Compact Case f/OM-D E-M10||$53.99|
|Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark II 13.1 Megapixel Compact Camera||$799.00|
|Canon EVF-DC1 Electronic Viewfinder for PowerShot G1 X Mark II Digital Camera||$261.53|