Canon post new firmware
Canon have posted new firmware for the Digital IXUS (S100 ELPH), PowerShot G1 and PowerShot Pro90 IS. This firmware addresses several issues with all of the above mentioned cameras. The firmware can be downloaded and user installed by simply placing the firmware update file on a compact flash card and turning on the camera (ensure you're using the AC adapter or a fully charged battery).
- Modifying the white balance in shooting when off-powered Canon SpeedLite EX series (220EX/ 380EX/ 420EX/ 550EX) is mounted on the camera
- Improving that user can select the combination of shutter speed of 1/800 sec. and up to aperture of F2.8 in Tv (shutter speed priority AE) shooting mode
NOTE: As no Pro90's have shipped yet in the US we understand that all Pro90's destined for the US market will already be loaded with firmware 126.96.36.199.
- It is no longer necessary to reset the date at the end of the month.
- An underexposure problem that occurred in low light when an EX-series Speedlite (220EX/380EX/420EX/550EX) was mounted on the camera but turned off has been solved.
- Speedlites 160E and 200E will now flash when they are mounted on the PowerShot G1. However, since they are not EX-series Speedlites, they will fire at full strength. (Automatic flash exposure on the PowerShot G1 is only available with the built-in flash or an EX-series Speedlite.)
- The problem that sometimes the shutter clicking sound does not emit has been solved.
- With PowerShot S100 Firmware Update 188.8.131.52, it is no longer necessary to reset the date at the end of the month.