Sigma announces pricing for 24mm Art and 150-600mm Contemporary lenses
Sigma has attached prices to its very recently announced 24mm F1.4 Art lens, as well as the 150-600mm F5-6.3 super telephoto that appeared at Photokina. The full frame 24mm lens, which supports Canon, Nikon, and Sigma mounts, will be available in March at a price of $849. The 150-600mm - also designed for full frame bodies - will be priced at $1089 and will ship next month for Canon and Nikon mounts.
Sigma Corporation Announces Pricing and Availability of New 24mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Lens
Latest Global Vision Art lens offers highest-quality optical performance in its class
YOKOHAMA, Japan — February 11, 2015 – Sigma Corporation of America, a leading researcher, developer, manufacturer and service provider of some of the world's most impressive lines of lenses, cameras and flashes, today announced the new Sigma 24mm F1.4 DG HSM Art lens will become available next month for the street price of $849.
The 24mm F1.4 Art wide angle lens is the ninth addition to the company's iconic Global Vision Art line-up. It is designed for full-frame DSLRs, and when used on digital cameras with an APS-C size image sensor, it effectively becomes a 38mm. The lens will be available in Sigma and Canon mounts next month, in Nikon mounts in April, and in Sony mounts later in the year.
"With the addition of the 24mm F1.4 to the Art line-up, Sigma is continuing to redefine the expectations of fast-aperture full-frame prime lens performance," said Mark Amir-Hamzeh, president of Sigma Corporation of America. "This lens is ideal for photographers and videographers looking to capture a variety of photography subjects, including cityscapes, mountain ranges, astrophotography and weddings."
The 24mm also excels at indoor photography in low illumination thanks to the combination of exceptional focal plane sharpness, and gorgeous bokeh rendered by nine rounded aperture blades.
The Sigma 24mm F1.4 DG HSM Art lens Contemporary lens will feature:
- Both "F" Low Dispersion (FLD) glass and Special Low Dispersion (SLD) glass in a design of 15 elements in 11 groups to minimize chromatic aberration of magnification especially in the edge of the image field
- The ability to achieve a maximum magnification of 1:5.3 with a minimum focusing distance of 9.8 inches
- An optimized power layout that includes aspherical elements that are positioned in the rear of the lens for improved wide open performance
- A new lens element design that delivers excellent peripheral brightness
- A new full-time manual focusing mechanism that switches to manual focusing, that allows the photographer to make focus adjustments quickly and easily
- Every 24mm will be tested using Sigma's own MTF measuring system, "A1," in the company's factory in Japan
- A size of 3.2in X 3.6in and weight of 665 g
The lens will be available in Canon, Nikon, Sony and Sigma mounts this coming spring. It's also compatible with Sigma's USB dock, allowing photographers to update the lens' firmware and change focus parameters as well as manual focus over-ride using Sigma's Optimization Pro software, and compatible with Sigma's Mount Conversion Service.
Other lenses in the Art line include 35mm F1.4 DG HSM, 30mm F1.4 DC HSM, 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM, 24-105mm F4 DG OS HSM, 50mm F1.4 DG HSM, 19mm F2.8 DN, 30mm F2.8 DN and 60mm F2.8 DN.
Sigma Corporation Announces Pricing and Availability of 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary Lens
Hyper-telephoto zoom from the Global Vision Contemporary line offers enhanced functionality for better portability and usability
YOKOHAMA, Japan — February 11, 2015 – Sigma Corporation of America, a leading researcher, developer, manufacturer and service provider of some of the world's most impressive lines of lenses, cameras and flashes, has announced pricing and availability of its 150-600mm F/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary lens. The lens will become available in Canon and Nikon mounts in March for the street price of $1089.
The 150-600mm F/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary lens is the first hyper-telephoto zoom lens from the Global Vision Contemporary line, and features a light-weight and compact construction for higher usability. In order to allow for mobile, handheld shooting in the field, it has a new and improved Optical Stabilizer, and features a new water and oil-repellent coating on the front and rear lenses. Its dimensions will be 4.1 inches by 10.2 inches and will feature 20 elements in 14 groups – including one FLD ("F" Low Dispersion) and three SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass elements – with a minimum aperture of F22 and minimum focusing distance of 110.2 inches. Its maximum magnification ratio is 1:5.
"This hyper-telephoto zoom lens offers photographers superior image quality and high performance that is both customizable and portable for use in various photography situations," said Mark Amir-Hamzeh, president of Sigma Corporation of America.
The 150-600mm F/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary lens will feature:
- An updated Optical Stabilizer (OS) with an accelerometer for improved vertical and horizontal panning, essential for bird, wildlife and motor sports photography
- Enhanced functionality for better portability and usability
- Dust and splash proof mount
- Excellent optical glass elements to minimize chromatic aberration and achieve best-in-class image quality
- Two new switches added for ease-of-use, including a new zoom lock switch capable of locking at any focal distance and a Manual Override (MO) switch for improved control of focusing performance
- An enhanced auto focus (AF) algorithm and Hyper Sonic Motor ensure quiet and fast AF
- MO included to make two full-time modes switchable
- A detachable tripod socket made of magnesium which is light and strong so the lens can be carried by itself
The lens will be available in Sigma, Canon, Nikon and Sony mounts. It is also compatible with Sigma’s lineup of Global Vision teleconverters as well as the company’s USB dock which allows for advanced customization of AF speed, OS viewing modes, focus limiter and firmware updates.
|Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM ( C ) Lens for Nikon F...|
|Sigma 745-306 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary...|