Kingston announces world's first 128GB USB flash drive
Kingston Technology has announced the world's first 128GB USB Flash drive. DataTraveler 200 sports a cap-less design and includes a built-in Password Traveler security software for data protection. It also comes in 32GB and 64GB capacities. The 128GB version is priced at $546, while the 64GB and 32GB drives are priced at $213 and $120 respectively.
Kingston Technology First to Market with 128GB USB Flash Drive
Fountain Valley, CA - June 15, 2009 - Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the release of the DataTraveler® 200 (DT200), the world's first 128GB USB Flash drive. The large capacity along with password protection gives users the flexibility to carry critical data with them at all times in a very small form factor.
"The new DT200's robust storage capability lets consumers store complete libraries of music, photos and videos. It is also a great tool for business users who carry around large databases or files," said Andrew Ewing, USB business manager, Kingston®. "The password protection helps safeguard data and requires no admin rights, making the DT200 a terrific solution for the home or office."
The Kingston DataTraveler 200 features a capless design to protect the USB connector when not in use and is enhanced for Windows ReadyBoost™. It is available in 32-, 64- and 128GB capacities. The 128GB drive is build-to-order only. Customers who wish to purchase it can place an order through normal channels (e.g., e-tailers or resellers).
The DT200 is backed by a five-year warranty and 24/7 tech support.
DataTraveler 200 Product Features and Specifications:
- Capacities*: 32GB, 64GB, 128GB
- Dimensions: 2.77" x 0.49" x 0.89" (70.39mm x 12.52mm x 22.78mm)
- Operating Temperature: 32° F to 140° F (0° C to 60° C)
- Storage Temperature: -4° F to 185° F (-20° C to 85° C)
- Simple: just plug into a USB port
- Practical: durable, capless design
- Guaranteed: five-year warranty
- Safeguarded: includes Password Traveler security software for Windows
- Enhanced: for Windows ReadyBoost™ on Vista-based systems**
* Some of the listed capacity is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. For more information, please consult Kingston's Flash Memory Guide at Kingston.com/Flash_Memory_Guide.
** Although DT200 is enhanced for ReadyBoost, Password Traveler will not operate properly if ReadyBoost cache is enabled on the drive. However, you may enable ReadyBoost cache on a separate drive.