Pre-Photokina 2002: Well, the ongoing saga continues. Silicon Film (also previously known as Imagek) has been in and out of our headlines for at least three years now with their digital film cartridges for 35 mm film cameras. A year after Irvine Sensors a 51% shareholder in Silicon Film suspended operations at the company we discover there may be a new product in the pipeline. Th EFS10-SF features a 10 megapixel sensor has a color LCD monitor and a Compact Flash slot.
The Silicon Film Timeline
- Some time in late 1998 Imagek announces plans for Silicon Film product
- 05/Sep/99 - Imagek becomes Silicon Film
- 06/Jan/00 - Silicon Film's EFS-1 may become a reality
- 15/Dec/00 - Silicon Film progess?
- 12/Feb/01 - Silicon Film demos EFS-1
- 14/Feb/01 - dpreview.com exclusive hands-on with Silicon Film
- 07/May/01 - Silicon Film EFS-1 almost ships
- 17/Sep/01 - Silicon Film - vaporized-ware
- 19/Sep/02 - Silicon Film Strikes Back?
Silicon Film EFS10-SF - to be announced at Photokina?
- 10 megapixel sensor (3875 x 2625)
- 3:2 picture ratio
- 15 MB RAW file (30 MB 8-bit TIFF, 60 MB 16-bit TIFF, visually lossless 6 MB)
- White balance and anti-aliasing
- Sensitivity - ISO 200 (100 - 800 programmable)
- Burst rate - 2.5 frames per second (up to 8 frames)
- Proprietary color science
- Supports "most 35 mm SLRs"
- Color LCD - Image preview, Histogram review, Zoom
- Storage - Compact Flash Type I / II (inc. Microdrive)
- Power - NiMH battery or 4 x AA batteries, External - 12 V DC
- Output - USB 2.0, Compact Flash, S-Video (NTSC or PAL)
- Dimensions: 136 x 114 x 88.3 mm (5.4 x 2.3 x 1.5 in)
- Weight: 544 g (1.2 lb)
|Stormin by PinoC|
from Best Picture Period!
|Oxbow Bend by stickpointed|
from Landscape - Colour #1
|India Ladakh Bond 2014 DP by MarioSS|
|Time for Reflection by JTF MKE|
from #7: Inspiration
|Two Rocks, Kissing by upuaut|