HP has today made an announcement that they are to reveal a new range of imaging products including four digital cameras and six printers . The announcement includes some detail about a new camera, the R967 which features a ten megapixel CCD sensor and a three inch LCD monitor. It joins the new R827 which both feature high sensitivity modes which can be enabled to avoid camera shake.
HP Photosmart R967 Digital Camera
The metal, ultra-compact HP Photosmart R967 Digital Camera features a big, 3-inch LCD with a 170-degree viewing angle to make it easy to share photos with friends. The camera produces brilliant photos with 10-megapixel resolution and the powerful HP Precision 30x total zoom, and helps to prevent blurred shots with HP steady photo anti-shake mode. With the latest features such as industry-leading auto in-camera red-eye removal,(1) HP Design Gallery and other HP Real Life technologies, users can easily take brilliant digital photos perfect for printing and sharing.
Key features and benefits
- 10-megapixels for brilliant resolution for beautiful prints and enlargements up to poster size;
- HP Precision 3x optical lens,10x digital zoom and 30x total zoom;
- HP steady photo anti-shake mode helps prevent blurred photos;
- Big, 3-inch image display with an extra-wide viewing angle for shooting indoors or out;
- 32 MB internal memory allows users to store photos in the camera;
- 17 shooting modes, macro multi-zone auto focus and burst mode for quality shots in a variety of conditions;
- High-quality VGA video with audio shoots at 24 frames per second;
- On-camera button to easily order and share photos on Snapfish using HP Photosmart Express(2);
- Features an ultra-compact, durable metal body with a sleek, silver finish
- HP Real Life technologies help take the guesswork out of digital photography, making it easy to produce great photos that are crisp, realistic and true-to-life. HP Real Life technologies include:
- Industry-leading automatic in-camera red-eye removal
- HP Design Gallery adds artistic effects and borders right in the camera – includes slimming feature
- Adaptive Lighting Bracketing allows users to adjust high-contrast photos to bring faces out of shadows and details out of backgrounds while automatically capturing three versions of the same scene – one with adaptive lighting off, one with adaptive lighting on low and the final with adaptive lighting on high
- In-camera panorama stitching allows the user to align, capture and review a panorama image on the camera and stitch up to five photos together to save as one image for easy printing before downloading to a computer
- Improved Image Advice now provides real-time feedback to users on how to improve a specific picture the next time it is captured
- HP Photosmart Express makes sharing, printing and saving digital photos easy – users simply take a photo and select its destination right on the back of the camera – up to 34 destinations, including email addresses, online albums, printers, and Snapfish for ordering photos online
- Optional HP Photosmart 6221 Premium Camera Dock lets users easily save, view, print and share photos on a PC, Snapfish and TV, and recharge in-camera battery, plus a spare. Add Wireless capabilities by purchasing the HP Photosmart 6222 Wireless Dock Base to share your photos via a wireless home network
- 10-megapixel resolution
- 30x total zoom - 3x optical,10x digital
- 96 mm (w) x 25.6 mm (d) x 62 mm (h)
- 190 grams without batteries
- PictBridge support
- JPEG (Exif 2.2 support)
- USB Connectivity
- USB-compatible PC with Microsoft Windows® 2000, XP Home, XP Professional, XP Professional x64
- USB-compatible Macintosh computer with Mac OS X v10.3.9, 10.4 and later
HP offers a comprehensive support package for the HP Photosmart R967 Digital Camera that includes one-year of phone support as well as real-time chat and email support beyond the warranty as part of its HP Total Care portfolio of services. For more information regarding HP Total Care, including related terms and charges, please go to www.hp.com/support.
Pricing and availability
Estimated U.S. street price is $449.(4) Expected to be available for purchase September 2006 in North America, and specific countries in Latin America and Europe.
(1) For more information, please visit www.hp.com/go/noredeye.
(2) On-camera Snapfish feature available in the United Kingdom and the United States only.
(3) Not included; please purchase separately
(4) Actual price may vary.
New HP Digital Photography Solutions Deliver Simplicity, Sophistication and Style
PALO ALTO, Calif., May 31, 2006 – HP today announced a new line of digital photography solutions with features and functionality that greatly enhance the photography experience for consumers.
The company also reported results from a new research study confirming that consumers believe HP Photosmart printers deliver the best overall photo printing experience.
Today’s product introductions include several affordably priced photo printers and all-in-ones, including the first and only compact photo printer on the market capable of storing more than 4,000 photos -- the HP Photosmart A716 Compact Photo Printer.
HP also debuted its first touch-screen LCD on the HP Photosmart D7360 Photo Printer for an easy, kiosk-like printing experience at home, and unveiled four ultra-compact HP Photosmart digital cameras.
Feature-packed digital cameras
The 10-megapixel HP Photosmart R967 Digital Camera leads the lineup, featuring a 3-inch image display, durable metal body and sleek silver design. Both the HP Photosmart R967 and the HP Photomsart R827 Digital Camera feature a new innovation called HP steady photo anti-shake mode that utilizes high-sensitivity ISO with HP imaging technology to help prevent blurred photos.
Other features on these cameras include larger LCD display screens, greater megapixal resolution, and an on-camera button to easily order and share photos on Snapfish.
HP also added a new effect to its popular Design Gallery that allows users to turn a photo into a pencil drawing using the edges in the image – the result is similar to an illustration or line art drawing. First introduced earlier this year, the HP Design Galley lets consumers add creative touches such as borders, artistic effects and color tints to their photos with the touch of one button on the back of the camera without using sophisticated software on a PC.
Rounding out HP’s digital camera introductions are the easy-to-use HP Photosmart E427 Digital Camera with 6-megapixel resolution and 5x digital zoom and the ultra-compact HP Photosmart M627 Digital Camera featuring 7-megapixels and 24x total zoom – 3x optical, 8x digital. With today’s introduction, HP now has the broadest portfolio of cameras with in-camera red-eye removal under $500.
Photo studios on the go
HP’s new portable photo studios and compact photo printers are packed with features that make it simpler for consumers to capture and print brilliant photos almost anywhere. Among the featured enhancements, the HP Photosmart compact photo printer line includes a Photo Fix button that uses HP Real Life technologies to automatically remove red-eye, sharpen blurred images, and improve brightness, color and contrast.
Delivering the power of a PC in a printer, HP Photosmart A716 Compact Photo Printer is the only printer of its kind that stores photos – more than 4,000 – with four gigabytes of internal memory. Consumers can easily print 4 x 6-inch, 5 x 7-inch and panorama photos almost anywhere imaginable – parties, reunions, sporting events, family gatherings or vacations.
HP also added the ultra-light and portable(4) HP Photosmart A616 Compact Photo Printer and HP Photosmart A516 Compact Photo to its compact photo printer line. These printers enable consumers to conveniently print true-to-life 4 x 6-inch, passport and panoramic photos that resist fading for generations.
The HP Photosmart A430 Portable Photo Studio series is an integrated solution featuring a compact photo printer, built-in dock and an HP M- or R-series digital camera – with the option to purchase the photo studio printer separately from the digital camera. This printer has practically everything a digital photographer needs to capture and print 4 x 6-inch photos in three easy steps – snap, dock and print. Recent third-party testing showed that three out of four consumers preferred the HP Photosmart A430 Portable Photo Studio over Kodak’s Easyshare Series 3/C310 for the best overall printing experience.
The stylish and compact design of these printers coupled with the optional battery(4) makes these printers truly portable. For even greater portability, HP has added a built-in handle to the HP Photosmart A716 and A616 Compact Photo Printers as well as to the HP Photosmart A430 Portable Photo Studio series.
New Vivera inks featured in the HP 110 Tri-color Inkjet Print Cartridge were designed to work exclusively with HP’s line of compact photo printers. The inks produce lab-quality photos as well as enhanced image permanence and durability.
World’s fastest photo printers at lower price points
The company’s six new HP Photosmart photo printers and all-in-ones, built on HP’s scalable printing technology, feature the industry’s fastest print speeds(5) at the most affordable prices for consumers – as low as $129.
The HP Photosmart D7360 Photo Printer offers consumers a kiosk-like experience in the home via its touch screen LCD. This printer also has simple and intuitive photo features to save consumers time including: an HP Photosmart Express button with Print Wizard which provides step-by-step instructions to help new users get familiar with printing tasks like photo selection, paper size, layout of images and editing options; and a PhotoFix button to automatically remove
red-eye, apply Smart Focus and add photo brightening. Priced at $199,(6) the D7360 features six individual high-capacity ink cartridges that enable high-volume printing of 4 x 6-inch photos in as fast as 12 seconds.
Leading HP’s all-in-one line-up, the HP Photosmart C7180 All-in-One Printer, Fax, Scanner, Copier, incorporates leading scanning and wireless innovations for unparalleled ease-of-use. This all-in-one printer also features a large 3.6-inch LCD screen to easily view and select images, and is capable of producing true-to-life photos in as fast as 12 seconds. The HP Photosmart C7180 All-in-One also allows users to print photos from camera phones, notebook PCs and other devices with built-in Bluetooth™ wireless technology, or share with multiple PCs or Macs on a wireless Ethernet network.
Bundled with HP Photosmart Premier software, the new line of printers is optimized for use with HP Advanced Photo Paper for fast, instant-dry and water-resistant photos. Additionally, these photo printers feature HP Printer Check, a new automatic detection and download tool that identifies printer issues and updates out-of-date printer drivers. This tool also provides help on common printer issues with installation and configuration, and is available in and out of warranty at no charge.
Consumers declare HP provides best overall photo printing experience
HP reported findings from a recent, independent printer comparison study focused on ease-of-use. Conducted by third-party research firm Doxus, the study tested the HP Photosmart All-in-One C5180 Photo Printer, HP Photosmart D7360 Photo Printer, HP Photosmart A616 Compact Photo Printer and HP Photosmart A430 Portable Photo Studio and revealed(1):
- HP Photosmart printers deliver the best overall photo printing experience as compared to other tested photo printers;
- Most digital camera owners chose HP Photosmart printers over other major brands to print digital photos at home;
- HP Photosmart printers are the fastest and easiest way to print lab-quality photos at home as compared to other tested photo printers;
- People new to printing photos without a PC said HP was the fastest and easiest way to print a photo from a digital camera versus other major brands(7);
- On average, digital camera owners printed a photo one minute faster with HP Photosmart printers versus other printers in their class.
All of HP’s digital photography products announced today run on a common user interface, HP Photosmart Express, to ensure consumers have a seamless experience for organizing, editing and printing their digital photos.
Backed by HP Total Care
HP's warranty for printers and cameras includes technical support, parts and labor as part of its HP Total Care service and support program. With HP Total Care, customers have more options for convenient support, including eSupport options such as printer diagnostics and software driver updates with HP Printer Check; real-time chat with a support agent; as well as 24x7 toll free technical support in both English and Spanish. HP Total Care was recently recognized by J.D. Power and Associates for consistently providing “An Outstanding Customer Service Experience.”(8) More information is available at www.hp.com/support.
Nov 8, 2007
Jun 22, 2007
Mar 8, 2007
Mar 8, 2007