Toshiba Japan announce PDR-M40
Toshiba Japan announce the PDR-M40, a 2.1 megapixel 40mm fixed lens digicam. Up against the Nikon Coolpix 700 and Olympus C-21 this compact digicam is priced at 75,000 YEN (US$675).
Too little too late and too costly? Probably.
- 2.11 Megapixel 1/2" CCD (1600 x 1200 / 800 x 600)
- Image formats: JPEG: Fine, Normal, Basic
- Animation format: AVI Motion JPEG - 30 seconds @ 320 x 240, 120 seconds @ 160 x 120
- Storage Medium: SmartMedia (up to 64MB supported)
- Lens: fixed lens, 40mm (35mm equiv.) F3.2 / F8.0
- Shutter speed range: 1/2s - 1/1000s
- LCD: 1.8" TFT
- Connectivity: RS232C / RS422 / USB
- Size: 112mm x 67mm x 42mm (almost same size as Nikon Coolpix 700)
- Weight: 240g (no batteries) - Lighter than Coolpix 700
- ISO: 100 (200/400)
- Price: 75,000 YEN (US$675)
- Expected release date: November 1999 (Japan)