AF-S Micro Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED
Pre-PMA 2008: Nikon today replaced the Micro Nikkor 60mm F2.8, adding two aspherical elements to control aberrations - a world's first for SLR micro lenses. A Silent Wave Motor, ED glass lens element and the latest Nano Crystal Coat technology have also been added to bring this lens bang up to date.
Nikon announces the AF-S Micro NIKKOR 60mm f/2.8G ED
RRP: £359.99/ €538.00
Sales start date: March 2008
Nikon UK is pleased to announce the introduction of the AF-S Micro NIKKOR 60mm f/2.8G ED lens featuring a built-in Silent Wave Motor.
This new Micro lens allows photographers to shoot 1:1 life-size close-ups without the need for any other accessories.
To ensure superior picture quality at all subject distances from macro to infinity, a host of state-of-the-art, Nikon original optical features and technologies are incorporated. A world first for an interchangeable Micro lens for SLRs, two a-spherical lenses are employed to correct spherical aberration and coma. The Nano Crystal Coat dramatically reduces ghosting and flare caused by internal reflections. An additional ED glass element minimizes chromatic aberration to deliver higher resolution, high-contrast images. All of these factors contribute to the extremely high image reproduction capability of the AF-S Micro NIKKOR 60mm f/2.8G ED.
The Silent Wave Motor (SWM) built into the lens body realizes fast, quiet autofocus operation and contributes to the compact, lightweight design. Focus modes include M/A (Manual-priority Auto) to enable rapid switching between autofocus and manual focusing with virtually no time lag, even during autofocus operation.
The rounded nine-blade diaphragm opening makes out-of-focus background objects soft, natural-looking and unobtrusive.
Note: Specifications, design, standard accessories, and release schedule may differ by country or area.
AF-S Micro NIKKOR 60mm f/2.8G ED Major Features
- Nikon’s exclusive Silent Wave Motor ensures fast, quiet autofocus operation
- Internal Focusing (IF) design enables focusing without changing the length of lens barrel
- Two aspherical lens elements minimize lens aberration
- M/A mode allows rapid switching between autofocus and manual focusing
- ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass element minimizes chromatic aberration while providing higher resolution and sharper contrast
- Nano Crystal Coat and high-performance Nikon Super Integrated Coating delivers superior color reproduction, while substantially reducing ghosting and flare
- Closest focus distance of approximately 0.185 m (0.6 ft.)
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm opening makes out-of-focus objects appear more natural
- Accepts 62 mm filter attachments
|Aperture||f/2.8 - 32|
|Lens construction||12 elements in 9 groups (with one ED glass elements, two aspherical lenses, one with Nano Crystal Coat)|
|Picture angle|| 39°40’
26°30’ with Nikon DX format
|Closest focus distance||0.185 m/0.6 ft.|
|Maximum reproduction ratio||1:1|
|Aperture blades||9 (rounded)|
|Filter attachment size||62 mm|
|Focusing||Auto / Manual focus|
|Dimensions||Approx. 73 x 89 mm / 2.9 x 3.5 in.|
|Weight||Approx 425 g / 15.0 oz|
|Supplied accessories|| 62mm snap-on front lens cap LC-62
Rear lens cap LF-1,
Bayonet hood HB-42,
Flexible lens pouch CL-1018
|Selling price||£359.99 / €538.00|