Casio Exilim EX-Z1200SR
Casio has today announced its new "Flagship Exilim" compact digital camera which packs an unnatural twelve megapixels into its 1/1.7" CCD sensor and helps to deal with camera shake thanks to a CCD-shift style stabilization system. The EX-Z1200SR also features automatic ISO which is dependent on the speed of the subject (several other manufacuters have a similar feature). Other key specs are a three times optical zoom lens, 2.8" LCD monitor, H.264 video clips and SDHC support. Perhaps telling a little more of the performance of the CCD the maximum default sensitivity is ISO 400 with ISO 800 and 1600 available as a 'Best Shot' scene option.
Casio Introduces Flagship EXILIM Zoom
Digital Camera with 12 Megapixels
Featuring a slim, stylish look packed with superior functions like auto-tracking AF with motion analysis technology and a CCD-shift anti-shake mechanism
TOKYO, May 21, 2007 – Casio Computer Co., Ltd., announced the release of the newest model in the stylish series of EXILIM digital cameras, the EXILIM Zoom EX-Z1200. The new camera is Casio’s flagship EXILIM Zoom, boasting a world-leading 12.1 effective megapixels to deliver both high resolution and premium performance.
It has only been a year since Casio released the revolutionary EXILIM Zoom EX-Z1000, the first digital camera in the world to deliver 10.1 megapixel resolution in a size that fits easily in the palm of the hand. The EX-Z1000 won acclaim for making it simpler than ever to capture images at a remarkably high resolution, and its trend-setting performance put it at the forefront of the market.
Now, going one step beyond the EX-Z1000, the new flagship EX-Z1200 offers 12.1 megapixel resolution — the highest available in any compact digital camera. At this amazing level of detail, photos print crystal-clear even in large sizes or when trimmed to show just one part of the image. It incorporates CCD-shift image stabilization and the latest EXILIM Engine 2.0 image processing module with motion analysis technology. These innovative features work together to help prevent blurry shots due to shaky hands, subject movement or poor focus when photographing moving subjects such as children or pets. In addition, the auto-tracking AF system now combines both face detection and motion analysis technologies. With this revolutionary new system, once the focus is locked in, it follows a moving subject’s face, maintaining both sharp focus and correct exposure.
- 12.1 million effective pixels; 3X optical zoom
- CCD-shift image stabilization mechanism
- Incorporates the latest EXILIM Engine 2.0 image processing module featuring motion analysis technology
- Blur-reduction technologies:
- Automatically analyzes the velocity and vector of a moving subject and sets the most appropriate ISO sensitivity and shutter speed.
- Anti Shake DSP reduces blur due to shaky hands and subject movement, using high shutter speeds and high sensitivity settings.
- Movie mode with electronic camera shake compensation function.
- Tonal range control reduces loss of detail in bright and dark areas, and helps to achieve smoother expression of skin tones and clear blue skies.
- Auto-tracking AF system maintains both sharp focus and correct exposure for a human face using both face detection*1 and motion analysis technologies
- Maximum 3 shot/second*2 shutter speed (when set at 3.0 megapixel image size)
- 2.8-inch Wide and Bright LCD display (maximum brightness of 1400cd/m2 at center of screen) makes viewing in bright outdoor light easier than ever before.
*1 "Face Detection feature" includes a face detection technology provided by OKI’s face image processing engine, FSE (Face Sensing Engine).
*2 Number of shots can vary depending on the memory card used