DPReview is hiring! Senior UX Designer wanted!
DPReview is looking for a Senior UX designer to shape the next generation of content and community tools for our large and passionate audience of photographers and camera enthusiasts.
You will have the rare ability to influence the product at all levels and to create a new user experience for a top 1000 website. You will be responsible for designing the UI architecture, interaction flow, and aesthetics of our existing and future products. You will be deeply involved with every piece that can touch the customer. If this sounds like you, we want to talk!
Senior UX Designer, DPReview.com
As Senior UX designer, you will initiate, suggest, and spearhead major UI re-factorings for more intuitive user-experiences across our web and mobile platforms. You will work closely with product management, engineering and company leaders to successfully go from early stage product concepts to launch. You are a pragmatic visionary that can translate business needs into fantastic customer-focused solutions. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment. The ideal candidate for this position will be at ease visualizing an experience in the abstract and then being able to drive that vision into solid design deliverables.
dpreview.com is the world's leading digital photography website, with unrivaled product reviews, daily breaking news and an active forums community. Established in 1998, dpreview.com has grown to attract over eight million unique visitors each month and over a billion page views a year.
DPReview is owned by Amazon.com, though we operate as an independent subsidiary. DPReview employees are full-fledged Amazon.com employees, which means you reap the benefits of working for a Fortune 500 company while also working on a smaller, more nimble team that feels a lot more like a startup. It is the best of both worlds!
- Craft the end-to-end user experience design for DPReview.com
- Collaborate closely with Product Managers and Developers to refine product features and their technical implementation
- Develop Identity/Brand creative and implement use standards and usage guides
- Bachelor’s degree in design or equivalent professional experience.
- 5+ years experience in design for large-scale consumer websites.
- Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups and style guides.
- Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design, as well as knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- A portfolio showing your experience with user-centered design solutions
- Online content and/or community design experience
- An interest in photography and/or consumer electronics would be useful.
- Mastery in the tools of your trade (Photoshop, Axure, OmniGraffle, Fireworks, Flash, HTML, CSS, whatever you need)
- Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs