The 123 of digital imaging 3.0
Site contributor Vincent Bockaert has today announced an all new version of his excellent 'The 123 of digital imaging Interactive Learning Suite'. This new revision moves 123di on to a new level with many more interactive tools such as calculators and visualisation tools, increased product coverage and better separation of learning levels; 'starter', 'essential' and 'advanced'. 123di is hugely comprehensive and covers almost every detail of digital cameras and digital imaging. I have no hesitiation in recommending it. At the same time as producing this new version of 123di Vincent has also been responsible for a complete re-write of our glossary.
123di.com announces "The 123 of digital imaging Interactive Learning Suite - Version 3.0"
The 123 of digital imaging combines several digital photography books into one comprehensive Interactive Learning Suite.
123di covers digital imaging via a three step workflow:
- Understanding digital imaging and digital camera selection
- Enhance your images in the "pixelroom"
- Manage, view, share, and print your images
Highly Integrated Content
123di is packed with more than 2,500 screen-size pages filled with thousands of colorful graphics and animations.
Three Selectable User Levels
- Starter sections are like "executive summaries". These brief introductions with simplified and synthesized content are ideal if the user has little time and wants to keep it simple.
- The essential sections get the reader up to speed quickly and are a must read for beginners. But even for advanced users they are a nice refresher before diving into the advanced sections. The image editing tutorials in the essential sections are based on Adobe Photoshop Elements 2 and 3.
- The advanced sections build on the essential sections and are more in-depth and detailed, even technical at times. The image editing tutorials in the advanced sections are based on Adobe Photoshop 7 and CS.
Six Key Software Packages Covered
Adobe Photoshop Album 2, Adobe Photoshop Elements 2 and 3, Adobe Photoshop 7 and CS, and Nikon Capture 4.1 are featured with animated tutorials and unique interactive graphical user interfaces. Many other software packages such as ACDSee are also briefly covered.
Complete Theory on Digital Photography
123di has extensive coverage on digital photography concepts such as resolution, compression, color bit depth, dynamic range, noise, focal length multiplier, sensor types, etc. Features of cameras, scanners, accessories, monitors, and printers are explained in depth. Colorful graphics, animations, interactive simulations and calculators allow for accelerated learning.
Buying Guides for Cameras, Scanners, Monitors, and Printers
Detailed buying guides for cameras, scanners, monitors, printers, and accessories help the user to buy the equipment that best suits his individual needs.
Practical Image Editing Techniques
Useful image editing techniques cover various approaches to create spectacular images and overcome limitations of the scene, the photographer, or the camera.
Color management is featured throughout 123di to ensure consistent and accurate color during the entire workflow.
Working in RAW
123di has a comprehensive coverage of working in RAW mode. Practical examples are based on Adobe Photoshop Elements 3, Photoshop 7, Photoshop CS, and Nikon Capture.
What's New in Version 3.0
- New "Starter" level in addition to the existing "Essential" and "Advanced" levels
- In-depth coverage of Adobe Photoshop Elements 3 Editor & Organizer. The content about Photoshop Album 2, Photoshop Elements 2, Photoshop 7 & CS is still included.
- Whole new chapter dedicated to working in RAW, including Adobe Camera Raw in Photoshop Elements 3, Photoshop 7 & CS, and comprehensive coverage of Nikon Capture 4.1
- Complete revision and expansion of Chapter 1 which covers the theoretical aspects of digital imaging
- Addition of interactive calculators to assist the user to calculate for instance print canvas size settings, monitor data, depth of field, focal length multiplier, etc.
- More than 5,000 modifications to the content were made to keep 123di fully updated with the latest technology changes. Several hundred pages and images are added as well.
Unlike printed books, 123di is regularly updated with the latest technology at very affordable upgrade rates. Upgrades are free for users who bought on or after September 7, 2004. Special upgrade pricing is available for other existing users.
123di.com is a leader and innovator in the creation of interactive learning content for digital camera users. The 123 of digital imaging Interactive Learning Suite is sold worldwide in a variety of formats: download, mailorder, retail, and OEM, corporate and educational volume licenses. 123di is not only popular among individual digital camera users from beginners to professionals, but is also used as a reference in schools, armies, and manufacturers of sensors, cameras, etc.
A free demo can be downloaded from www.123di.com