Eye-Fi gets larger and faster with 16GB Class 10 Wi-Fi SD card
Eye-Fi has launched the Pro X2 16GB, its largest Wi-Fi SD card, and its fastest yet. The Pro X2 retains all the existing capabilities of the existing 8GB version, including upload to a smartphone, direct connection to a Wi-Fi network, auto backup and Raw file transfer. Despite the capacity and speed hike (the previous version was rated as Class 6), the Eye-Fi Pro X2 16GB retains the recommended selling price of $99.99, with existing models having $20 knocked off their prices. Customers in Australia and Japan will be next to receive the card.
More Speed and Space, Eye-Fi Unveils 16GB Wireless Memory Card
Improved Class 10 Speed Allows For Faster Performance; Right in Time for Holidays
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., October 3, 2012 — Eye-Fi Inc. (www.eye.fi), makers of the world’s first wireless memory card, has announced today a new Eye-Fi Pro X2 16GB, Class 10 card that increases both storage and speed capabilities while continuing to deliver convenient, reliable wireless upload of photos and videos from cameras. The new 16GB card provides twice the storage capacity of the prior Pro X2 card, while the Class 10 performance delivers ultra-fast read and write speeds. That means more power and speed for the same retail price of $99.99. And, the new Pro X2, like Eye-Fi’s other X2 series cards, enables you to wirelessly connect a camera to a mobile device, such as a smartphone or tablet, or use an authorized WiFi network to move content directly to a computer.
"Cameras have more megapixels, and pictures and videos are more demanding in terms of size. Moving to a 16GB, Class 10 card keeps up with these trends and delivers what our customers have been asking for,” said Yuval Koren, CEO and co-founder of Eye-Fi. “Customers already know and love our Eye-Fi cards for instant wireless uploads, so the added space and faster speeds are a great addition, especially with the highest-volume photo days coming up.”
Anyone with the new 16GB, Class 10 card can immediately use Eye-Fi’s popular features to:
- Upload anywhere: users can instantly upload images to their home computer, smartphone or tablet, either connecting wirelessly to the device with Direct Mode or over an authorized WiFi network
- Shoot forever with endless memory mode: Cards can be set to automatically free-up space after photos & videos are transferred, so photographers never have to worry about running out of space
- Transfer RAW files: as with the prior Pro X2, the highest resolution photos can transfer wirelessly
- Back-up automatically: Pictures are safely stored on a home computer or Eye-Fi’s cloud, Eye-Fi View – a great relief if the camera is lost or stolen
- Share in real-time: Card can be set to automatically share with selected social networks or photo sharing sites (Facebook, Flickr, etc.)
- Geotag pictures immediately: Eye-Fi’s auto WPS Geotagging feature tags photos, allowing users to instantly see where memories were made
Eye-Fi Pro X2 16GB card is available for pre-orders that ship within the United States for $99.99 USD from Amazon.com. The card will also be available, within the coming weeks, for customers in Australia for $108.00 AUD and Japan for ¥9980. With the launch of the new Eye-Fi Pro X2 16GB card, the previous Eye-Fi Pro X2 8GB and the Eye-Fi Mobile X2 8GB will be reduced from $99.99 to $79.99 and $79.99 to $59.99, respectively, starting this month. For more information, visit www.eye.fi.