Samsung announces S85
Samsung has today announced its S85 compact digital camera. This economically-priced digicam packs an 8.2MP sensor and 5x optical zoom (38 - 190mm equivalent) alongside the latest technologies including Face Recognition AF & AE and ASR (Advanced Shake Reduction). The S85 will hit the shelves in the UK from the end of August with a recommended price of £119.
Samsung Expands its Digital Range with the 8 Megapixel S85
12 July 2007 - Samsung Cameras today announced the release of the S85 digital camera featuring an 8.2 megapixel image sensor and a super-sharp 5x optical zoom lens, combined with other innovative features. The S85 includes Samsung’s Intelligent Face Recognition Technology, which detects the subject’s face, automatically adjusts auto focus and auto exposure to ensure better composition and image quality in portraits. The AF function instantaneously recognizes the faces of subjects and accurately focuses on them. The AE function then takes over, setting the appropriate exposure to ensure the highest image quality.
Users will be able to take advantage of the S85’s speed and resolution in any situation - from taking landscape photos at dusk to shooting fast action sports photography. Razor sharp images can be delivered using Samsung’s ASR (Advanced Shake Reduction) system which helps to capture the best possible images in all shooting situations. For maximum versatility, the S85 can be powered by an optional Samsung rechargeable Ni-MH battery system, as well as AA alkaline batteries, making it the perfect choice for travelers and power users alike.
Other features include:
- Shutter speeds of up to 1/2000 sec
- An ISO equivalent of 1600
- A bright 2.5” LCD display
- Effect hot key
- Full manual control is available
- 20 megabytes of internal memory, and can accept Secure Digital (SD, MML, SDHC) flash memory cards up to 4 gigabytes
- 13 scene modes including night, portrait, children, landscape, close-up, text, sunset, dawn, backlight, fireworks, beach & snow, cafe, food, self shot
- Colour effects include B/W, sepia, blue, green and red
- Continuous Shooting mode and Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB), enabling the shooting of a series of images with varying exposures
- An Auto Macro function that automatically adjusts shooting distance and focus
- A built-in microphone allows a 10-second voice memo to be attached to any still image
The Samsung S85 will be available from the end of August 2007 at an RRP of £119.99