Pentax Optio W30
Pre-PMA 2007: Next we have the 7-megapixel Optio W30 digital camera, successor to the popular W20. THe new A30 is capable of shooting to depths of 3 meters continuously for 2 hours (compared to the W20 at just 1.5m for 30mins). It also increases sensitivity to ISO 3200.
PENTAX Optio W30
A compact digital camera with an enhanced waterproof function, making it possible to photograph underwater at depths of 3 meters continuously for 2 hours
PENTAX Corporation is pleased to announce the launch of the new PENTAX Optio W30, a compact digital camera designed to be dustproof/waterproof. The waterproof function has been further enhanced so that it is possible to photograph underwater at depths of 3 meters continuously for 2 hours.
1. Enhanced waterproof function The waterproofing capabilities of the internal construction of the camera and of the front and back covers, made from the metal used for the exterior, were further improved to make the Optio W30 capable of being used to photograph underwater at depths of 3 meters continuously for 2 hours（in the conventional model, underwater photography was possible at depths of only 1.5 meters for a period of 30 minutes). The protective glass is treated with SP (Super Protect) coating, developed exclusively by PENTAX, and is superior in water-repellency, making it hard for water droplets to attach to the surface. In addition to high waterproofing capabilities that are compliant with the JIS Class 8 waterproof standard, the Optio W30 is also equipped with dustproofing capabilities against sand and dust (JIS Class 5 dustproof standard), making it able for you to use the camera outdoors, such as for skiing, marine sports, and fishing, as well as for gardening and cooking, without having to worry about water and dirt.
2. New LCD monitor that is bright and easily viewable The Optio W30 is equipped with a high-intensity 2.5-inch LCD monitor with an LCD Bright Mode that can adjust the brightness of the screen as necessary, making it easy to view the screen even outdoors, where there is strong sunlight. AR (Anti-Reflection) coating, which controls and reduces reflections caused by light, is also used for the monitor, making the screen be even more visible outdoors.
3. Digital SR (Shake Reduction) mode that reduces camera shakes and blurring of the subject when photographing still images. The sensitivity is adjusted automatically, to as high as the ultrahigh sensitivity of ISO 3200, to match the brightness of the subject. This enables for photography with fast shutter speeds, and images with less blurs can be obtained.
4. High-quality movies with Shake reduction function The Optio W30 captures smooth, high-quality movies at 30 fps (frames per second) at a resolution of 640 x 480 pixles, which is comparable to movies taken with a camcorder. It is also equipped with the “Movie SR (Shake Reduction)” function*1, which automatically corrects camera shakes, and the “Interval shooting” mode that records images recorded during each specified time interval as a movie, allowing for movies to be taken more easily and without hassles.
*1 Using the “Movie SR" function results in a narrower field of view than that during normal video recording.
5. “Face Recognition Priority AF & AE” function that is convenient when photographing people The Optio W30 is equipped with a “Face Recognition Priority AF & AE” function*2 that automatically detects and focuses on faces, regardless of where the people appear in the photo frame. In addition, optimal exposure settings are automatically conducted so that the areas with faces are not darkened even if there is backlighting.
*2 Available when the shooting mode is “Portrait” and the camera is directed at people from the front.
6. Macro photography as near as 1 cm The Optio W30 can be used as close as one centimeter away from a subject for stunning close-up photography. Macro photography provides many fun photo options because you can fill the photo frame with subjects like flowers, insects, or jewelry.
7. Auto Picture mode automatically determines the best settings for the shooting conditions The Auto Picture mode lets the camera automatically determine the shooting conditions for Landscape, Portrait, Night Scene, and Program modes and choose the optimum settings for each subject. This PENTAX original function makes photography a lot easier for users since it eliminates the necessity of making a number of individual settings.
8. 3X optical zoom lens and 7.1 effective megapixels deliver outstanding pictures The Optio W30 includes a 3X optical zoom lens that covers focal lengths from 6.3 to 18.9 mm (equivalent to 38 to 114 mm for 35mm film) and features a refraction lens system so the lens never protrudes from the camera while zooming. And by harnessing the full power of the 7.1 effective megapixels, the Optio W30 produces extremely high-quality prints with crisp detail even when the photo is greatly enlarged.
9. Other Features
- New auto-lock mechanism that automatically locks covers, such as the battery cover, after they are closed.
- Auto-tracking AF continuously focusing on a moving subject
- Compatible with new SDHC memory cards, in addition to conventional SD memory cards
- Mode Palette provides quick access to 25 shooting modes and 15 playback modes
- Image Recovery function lets you retrieve accidentally erased pictures
- Soft flash function avoids overexposure during close-up flash photography
- Digital zooming provides up to 4X magnification
- Digital Filter function that lets you enjoy editing photographed images
- FotoNation’s red-eye correction function for correcting red eye after shooting, which occurs easily when photographing with flash
- Approximately 21.9 MB of built-in memory
- Includes the ACDSee for PENTAX image viewer/image management software
- Supports PictBridge, DPOF functions, Exif Print, and PRINT Image Matching III
1/2.5 " Type CCD
|Image sizes|| 3072 x 2304
2592 x 1944
2304 x 1728
2048 x 1536
1600 x 1200
640 x 480
|Movie clips|| 640 x 480 @ 15 / 30fps
320 x 240 @ 15 / 30fps
|File formats|| JPEG Exif 2.2
PRINT Image Matching III
QuickTime Motion JPEG
|Lens|| 38-114mm (35mm equiv)
3x optical zoom
|Digital zoom||up to 4x|
|Focus||TTL contrast detection auto focus system|
|AF area modes|| 9-point AF
Auto tracking AF changeable
|AF assist lamp||n/a|
|Focus distance|| Normal: 0.4m - infinity (whole zoom area) 0.5m - infinity (tele)
Macro: 0.01 - 0.6m (wide)
Pan Focus: 1.5m - infinity (wide) 5.0m - infinity (tele)
Manual Focus: 0.01m - infinity (wide) 0.5m - infinity (other than wide)
|Metering|| TTL metering
|ISO sensitivity|| Auto
|Exposure compensation||+/- 2EV in 1/3EV steps|
|Shuttter speed||1/2000 - 4sec|
|Scene modes|| AUTO Picture
Surf & Snow
Synchronous Sound Record
Natural skin tone
|White balance|| Auto
|Self timer||10 or 2 sec|
|Image parameters||Digital Filter: B&W, Sepia, Color Filter (6 colors), Color extract (B&W with Red, B&W with Green, B&W with Blue), Soft|
|Flash|| Built-in series-control auto flash
Flash On / Off
Range: 0.2 - 3.6m (wide) 0.5 - 3.0m (tele)
|LCD monitor|| 2.5-inch TFT
NTSC / PAL
|Storage|| SD / SDHC card compatible
21.9 MB internal memory
|Power|| Rechargeable D-L163 Lithium-ion battery
Optional AC adapter kit
|Weight (no batt)||140 g|
|Dimensions||107.5 x 54 x 23.5 mm|
Pentax Optio W30 7.1 MP Digital Camera
with 3x Optical Zoom
Pentax Optio W30 7.1 MP Digital Camera
with 3x Optical Zoom
Pentax Optio W60 Waterproof 10MP Digital Camera
with 5x Wide Angle Optical Zoom (Ocean Blue)
Pentax Optio W80 Waterproof 12.1MP Digital Camera
with 5x Wide Angle Triple Shake Reduction Optical Zoom and 2.5 inch LCD (Azure Blue)
Pentax Optio WG-1 Adventure Series 14 MP Waterproof Digital Camera
with 5x Wide-Angle Optical Zoom (Black)
Pentax Optio W60 10 MP Waterproof Digital Camera
with 5x Optical Zoom and 2.5 inch LCD (Pink)
Unknown Pentax Optio VS20 16MP Digital Camera
with 20X Optical Zoom and 3-Inch LCD Screen (Black)
Pentax Optio WG-2 GPS Orange Adventure Series 16 MP Waterproof Digital Camera
with 5 X Optical Zoom and GPS
Pentax Optio 230 2MP Digital Camera
w/ 3x Optical Zoom
Pentax Optio S5z 5MP Digital Camera
with 3x Optical Zoom